“Most Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #24 of 1,928 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was sceptical of this new venture, but was soon won over by the delicious innovative food and superb professional service. The restaurant's qualities facilitated a most social evening well balanced between food, drink and conversation.

A dining experience, that was more than worth the expense. The langoustine dish was a jewel amongst a treasure of culinary delights. Thanks to Michael and all of his team for a memorable night out.

2  Thank OccidentalTourist46

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is my first attempt at restaurant reviewing but following the meal I enjoyed last night, I felt it was time to take the plunge. The website blurb told me that I couldn't be overdressed so I used this as an invitation to dress for the occasion; I'm glad I did. The restaurant is very 'now' in terms of it's look yet maintains a feeling of classical style. As for the food, it matches and surpasses the surroundings; 12 tasty dishes served in an unusual, interesting way that pleased the eye without compromising on taste. For me, my favourite dish was the langoustine tartar ( trust me, it works) served on the most delicate silver tree (again, trust me, that works too). This will certainly not be my only trip to this restaurant, I will definitely be back again soon.

2  Thank SophieB1990
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was lucky enough to go to the soft opening last week and had an amazing evening. It was fun, tasty and inspiring; definitely worth a go.

1  Thank Adamraz
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Having previously eaten at both of Michaels previous restaurants expectations were high for a preview meal with my partner at The Man Behind The Curtain.

Suffice to say they were met an exceeded. Arriving at a very unassuming store front and led to a lift into the restaurant made the whole thing seem like a secret only we knew about. Once greeted and seated with a drink in hand out came the food.

Course after course were mind blowing and with an excellent wine pairing.

Will definitely be booking in again soon.

1  Thank Rob D
Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you are looking for that special treat and a complete dining experience give "The Man Behind The Curtain" a try. From the first drink on arrival to the "final curtain" our visit on Saturday was a totally memorable experience. This new restaurant will be talked about for some time to come so give it a try and see for yourself - you will not be disappointed. Andy & Sue

1  Thank 21andrewp