“A must for dinosaur lovers”
Review of Dino Jaws

Dino Jaws
Ranked #86 of 161 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I read several media reports on the latest attraction to arrive in Leeds. Who could say no to an event provided by and London's Natural History Museum? I made it my mission that as soon as my 2 children next displayed outstanding and impressive manners and behaviour, that they would be rewarded with a visit to see the dinosaurs.

We rushed down to New Dock Hall (opposite the Royal Armouries) after school on Monday and were thrilled to find we were one of only 3 families to have made the trip at the same time. At one point (which in reality was nearer to 30 mins) we had the whole place to ourselves....well me, my 2 children and several very large and incredibly noisy prehistoric creatures!

Whilst we undoubtedly benefited from the lack of crowds, queueing, pushing, shoving, standing on tip toes etc, we did miss the vibrancy and shared wonder and discovery that comes form visiting such places alongside others.

Overall I found the attraction to be somewhat overrated, definitely over priced (we were in and out and completely done in 50 mins) and sadly disappointing. And my 6 year old boy would probably concur. When asked what his highlight was of the trip, he responded with "colouring in". Next time I'll stay home, with paper and pens, and save myself £21!

That said....if you know someone who LOVES dinosaurs, please take them... there are delights and surprises in store as well as interesting and educational facts that will give you and your family plenty to talk about,

4  Thank Lisaullyart