“Best curry in Leeds”

The Corner Cafe
Ranked #32 of 1,885 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$15 - US$34
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a small, independent, family run restaurant. Our food is home style cooking inspired by family dishes from Old Delhi. Our menu has a wide range of vegetarian dishes available. Following the addition of a new mezzanine floor we are now fully licensed. We stock many different ales from local breweries.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is my favourite place to eat out for a curry as well and order take away from (even though they don't deliver it is worth driving!). Great choice for meat eaters and veggies alike and fantastic value. The service is the best in Leeds - so friendly!

Kate_Ghauri, Owner at The Corner Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

What a lovely review - thank you. I will pass on your comments to the team. Thanks again.

There are newer reviews for The Corner Cafe

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great meal, really good value and nice atmosphere. Tasty curries which are not only really tasty but not swimming with oil or Ghee.

Thank you. Karim only uses the minimum amount of ghee in his cooking, so glad you liked that aspect of your meal. See you again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was recommended to go here by a colleague and I was blown away.
I'm used to the general run of the mill curry houses who seem to trot out the same ol' same ol'. What a find this place is!

We are delighted you found us! Thank you for leaving us a great review on this site. See you again, next time you are in Leeds.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Corner Cafe was recommended to us by a few people but it has taken us a while to get around to a visit... All I can say is why did we wait?! Fantastic food, lots of choice and different from the ordinary Indian restaurant menu. We went for the Early Bird offer, which is a steal at 2 courses for £10.50! The staff were lovely and friendly and extremely attentive. Excellent experience all round, we will definitely be recommending to others and will be visiting again!

Kate_Ghauri, Owner at The Corner Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this site. Glad you liked the Early Bird - it's great for a midweek get together or as a treat on a Sunday. Thanks again!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have to say, this place was a really lovely surprise. Certainly an above-average curry house - the sort where you'd never guess you'd get something so nice! They have quite a big menu, one page front and back but filled with interesting and unusual choices. Loads of vegetarian options as well. We started with poppadoms and a mixed pickle (fun to have something besides the usual chutney/yogurt duo) and they were lovely. I ordered the Kidney Bean, Kablichana (chickpeas), and Mixed Vegetables. We also got a pulao rice and at our friends' urging, a spinach paratha instead of our usual garlic naan. So glad we did!

The paratha was basically a stuffed flatbread (an Indian quesadilla, if you will!) filled with lovely fresh spinach. It tasted quite healthy and light, which you don't always get at Indian restaurants. Not greasy at all, and so delicious. I had intended to try to make my boyfriend share his lamb dish with me and go 50-50, but once I tasted my vegetarian main course I felt unwilling to share (which suited him well as he loved his meal). So much better than I expected! Wonderful complex flavors, loads of healthy veggies in big chunks and lots of beans, in a wonderful sauce. I finished mine, quite a good sized portion, but I really didn't want to waste a bite.

Clearly this is one of our friends' favorite restaurants for good reason. They have a lovely, casual atmosphere with friendly service. Some wine and beer to choose from as well, including some unusual finds. You never know what you'll get when you go out for a curry, but I think you could order anything on the menu here and be more than satisfied!

Kate_Ghauri, Owner at The Corner Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi Meredith. What a lovely review - thanks! I love the spinach paratha too, so glad you liked it.