“Fantastic!!”

The Corner Cafe
Ranked #30 of 1,857 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$14 - US$32
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a small, independent, family run restaurant. Our food is home style cooking inspired by family dishes from Old Delhi. Our menu has a wide range of vegetarian dishes available. Following the addition of a new mezzanine floor we are now fully licensed. We stock many different ales from local breweries.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my partner and the food was just amazing, the best Indian food I have ever eaten!! Especially loved the fish pakora starter! Will certainly return and recommend to friends and family.

Kate_Ghauri, Owner at The Corner Cafe, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for a super review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, excellent service, good beer, good menu idea. Don't want to say too much otherwise might become too busy when I want to return

Kate_Ghauri, Owner at The Corner Cafe, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thanks for a great review. I am sure we will always have a table for you!
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Came on a recommendation and was very impressed. Friendly and attentive service, fabulous food, very fresh and well balanced spices. Special mention goes to the mint choc chip kulfi which was amazingly minty.

Kate_Ghauri, Owner at The Corner Cafe, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for a lovely review. Really glad you liked my newest kulfi flavour!
Leeds, UK
“Good but not great”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The corner cafe is a charming but modern curry house with very helpful staff and good food. But that's the problem - the food is good but nothing special.
The menu is so wide ranging that I can't help feeling they should slim it down and just concentrate on less dishes but done better.
Don't get me wrong the food is nice but I don't think it's the 11th best restaurant in leeds and it isn't exactly cheap.
It's strikes me as curry English style and not as Indians would eat with loads of flavour and spice.
I will keep going every now and then but I just wish it was better quality and value.

Kate_Ghauri, Owner at The Corner Cafe, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello SwissUK. Goodness, I'm not sure what to say to your review. You haven't given any detail in your review so I can't comment on what dishes you had. Perhaps you should try our Early Bird Menu, which at £10.50 represents very good value.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A good evening”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Visited here for the first time having seen some excellent reviews.

The Positives
The service and greeting is excellent. We were made to feel welcome
There is a good range of drinks available
The meals are competitively priced and well portioned.

Improvements

The meal was not particularly distinctive and certainly not a stand out curry. Nice/good but not great.

• Visited August 2014
Kate_Ghauri, Owner at The Corner Cafe, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hi Steve. Great to hear that overall you enjoyed your evening with us. We have a very extensive menu, so if you visit us again, make yourself known to us and we will hopefully be able to recommend a dish more to your taste.