“Team treat”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: It's all about a different atmosphere. It's about good food. It's about good service and attention to detail.So no wonder the long-established Sous Le Nez is one of the most acclaimed restaurant and winebars in Leeds. In fact, our award winning basement bar and bistro - in a handy, city centre location - has been providing mouthwatering food to Leeds diners for over 15 years. Our wine list is as unusual as it is extensive, and our lunchtime and evening menus are creative and very popular. And our portions are huge too!
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My first works night out with my new colleagues. We went for the early offer of £25.95 per person for a half bottle of wine and a 3 course meal. This is a favourite restaurant of the boss and she very kindly took us all out at the end of March on a Friday night.
For the offer you must eat between 5.30 and 7pm. The place was quite full and we had a drink in the bar before being shown to our table.

I chose the smoked salmon and haddock fishcake which was very nice, everyone else enjoyed their starters too. I then had the rib eye steak with peppercorn sauce (£4 extra).

The mains came out with turreens of vegetables -new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, green beans and cauliflower.

I noticed another table had chips with their steak which I would have chosen if I'd known was an option.
Service good, friendly staff, nice atmosphere in restaurant, cosy with it being in the basement.

Nice place would go again.

S H, Public Relations Manager at Sous le Nez en Ville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our early bird menu and found our service to be good. If you do decide us to pay us another visit don’t forget to have a look at all our side dishes!

There are newer reviews for Sous le Nez en Ville

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Was in Leeds on business and staying at the Queens hotel. I found this using the TA "Near me" App and I am glad I did. Basement bar and restaurant with a great atmosphere. Clearly popular with the locals and pretty full up on a Thursday lunch time. Its more like a pub come french bistro. The food is a mix of classic and not so classic french favourites but all cooked well and in good portions. I had a deep fried brie and a chicken ballotine and both were excellent. Service was efficient although I had to wait a while to get a cracked glass changed. that blip aside it was pretty decent.

Hello and thank you for the review. We’re really pleased to hear you decided to give us a try thanks to your app! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and found our service to be efficient. If you are back in Leeds on business again in the future, we hope you will pay us another visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

authentic french food done well what more could you ask for with la grillade closed if you want great french food with great service to match this is the place to go

Hello and thank you for such a wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed your food, and hopefully we can welcome you back into Sous Le Nez again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

As 5 recent graduates of French degrees, my friends and I thought it would be appropriate to go for a celebratory meal at Sous Le Nez. We took advantage of the 3 courses and half bottle of wine for £25.95 offer, and are so glad we did. I had the deep-fried Brie to start, chicken as a main, and a chocolate and marmalade mousse for dessert, all of which were delicious and well presented. The staff were very friendly and attentive, and we loved the fact that a few of them were actually French... It gave the restaurant more of an authentic feel. My vegetarian friend didn't like the one veggie option on offer, so one of the bartenders consulted the chef and made her a separate dish from scratch, which was a lovely touch. Obviously the lack of veggie options is in true French-style, but maybe at least one other should be on offer. The restaurant was very hot and busy, but I suppose this just proves its popularity. Overall a great experience, will definitely be returning.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are really pleased to hear you enjoyed our early bird menu, and we will make sure to pass on your feedback to the chefs with regards to adding another vegetarian option to the menu. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Sous le Nez soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I dined here with my boyfriend on a Saturday evening, both eating from the early bird menu.
Was very impressed with the menu choices - very often with early bird/set menus there is quite a limited number of dishes - but for all three courses I was spoiled for choice. In addition to this, you receive half a bottle of wine each. I thought it was excellent value at £25.95pp
The food itself was perfect for me, couldn't find fault at all. I had the duo of ice cream for dessert and I have to say it was the best ice cream I have ever tasted! My boyfriend's only quibble was that he ordered the prawns to start and they came in a batter. He would have preferred them without the batter but that's personal choice.
The restaurant was busy with a nice atmosphere and we found the staff to be very friendly, attentive and helpful. Would definitely eat here again.