“Why have I never been before!?”
Review of Raja's Restaurant

Raja's Restaurant
Ranked #110 of 2,230 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$20 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Free parking on main and side street cctv in operation
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I often drive past this restaurant often wondering as to what lies behind the entrance doors.
I'm a fan of tripadviser and was aware that this restaurant was supposedly in the top 10 restaurants in Leeds.
On a weekday evening, whilst driving past, I thought I'd give the place a try...
I ate a vegetable samosa starter in the restaurant and took a main meal of chicken and spinach with an Indian style egg rice home.
The service is brilliant... really friendly staff who welcome you when you walk through the door.
The starter which I ate in the restaurant was excellent... good portions and lovely, fresh food.
The main meal which I took home was also great... Food is always better when eaten in a restaurant hence I can't wait to return!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We visited Rajas ( 28/6/14) on recommendation , we arrived at 6:30 pm to be warmly greeted to our table in a quiet corner .
The waiter was very friendly and we quickly ordered 2 large Cobras , the menu offered lots of choice and we settled for starters of Chicken Livers , Onion Bhaji , mains of the Khas Biryani , Karai Chicken and Peshwari naan .
The food came quickly and the portion size great just enough,tastes were fantastic and the naan so soft and fluffy !
The waiter came twice to ask if things were OK so plenty of attention !
We will definitely return even though we came from Wakefield

1  Thank David N
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Well worth a short journey out of the city centre.
The food is stunning. Best Indian cuisine outside of India.
The chefs specials are gorgeous.
You can also watch them cook as the kitchen is open.
The restaurant is a no frills environment & it's like a step back to India in feel.
The owner is a lovely friendly & proud man & rightly so.
Will go back next time I'm in Leeds.

2  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We have been regularly eating at Raj's for several years, and although we have tried many curry houses nowhere comes close to the taste and service we receive here!! Cannot recommend highly enough!! Fresh currys made to your taste with excellent authentic naan breads,...Absolute superb experience!! Try it, the food is the best!!!!

1  Thank YorkshireMrG
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I always recommend this place to my friends and family. The food is 100% authentic and the taste cannot be beaten. Yummy yummy - it reminds me of food from India. The owner is extremely friendly and serves tables alongside the waiters - now that is something special.

3  Thank Sakshi B