“Great!”

Price range: US$20 - US$27
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Free parking on main and side street cctv in operation
Reviewed 22 July 2014

"The owner eats here" says the sign on the door.... So here we go - This was our first visit to Raja's, we had read the great reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a try...
Wow, we were very pleased we did.
Four of us had four different dishes and four different starters - this way we got to taste quite a broad selection. Happy to report that they were all great.
Friendly and efficient staff, a nice Italian red wine and all was well. We will return.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Visited with couple of my friends after a longtime. Some of them vegetarian. All curries we tried were simply brilliant. Perfect blend of spices. Staff was quite attentive and warm.One of the best curries we ever had.

1  Thank Sumit S
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Really nice welcome and quick to take order. Given 2 extra poppadoms because one was broken, which was nice. Starters (chicken livers) really nice. My main course of chicken chilli fry was simply fantastic, and the accompanying naan was spot on too. Would most definitely return given the opportunity.
Small downsides were that the staff were very quick to move you on to the next course, and the portion sizes for the price could have been a little larger. The downsides are not worth a minus star though because the food was just so good.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I visited raja's last night with my family. We have been here many times before and never fail to have a beautiful meal and excellent service!
Last night we were involved in a minor car accident en route. I rang the restaurant to tell them we were going to be late and they were fine about it. Raja even offered to come and collect us!
My partner has recently been enjoying the goat curry which he highly recommends. Desi chicken is my favourite dish. That's what I would eat if I was given one last meal ever!!!
The staff are so friendly in raja's and feel like friends now!
If you are thinking of going then I really recommend that you do.

1  Thank Lolly101
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is the best Indian restaurant we have ever been to. The food is fantastic we have tried other curry houses but nothing beats this one. We go as often has we can it is well worth the 25minute drive.The staff are very nice and the owner is a lovely man. Give it a go you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank YorkshireMay