“Gorgeous food , friendly warm welcome”
Review of Raja's Restaurant

Raja's Restaurant
Ranked #191 of 1,950 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$21 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Free parking on main and side street cctv in operation
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is a restaurant we visited over 7 years ago, since that visit we've returned back to it over and over again and it is our favourite once a month treat. We are always made to feel welcome, raja and his staff go out of their way to make us feel comfortable. I love the authentic feel of the place and the aroma of spices gets the mouth going before you get through the door, I would recommend the food to anyone.
Jenny

1  Thank Jenny R

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, Excellent service, Excellent restaurant! I've been coming ever since I was little and every dish served has been delicious

1  Thank Sophie G
Reviewed 26 August 2014

For as long as I can remember, Rajas has been the jewel in the crown of the Leeds curry scene. The food is as authentic as it is fresh and delicious. The service is attentive and warm. The range of curry reflects chefs who have a truly expert knowledge of Indian cuisine. My wife first tried Rajas curry as a confirmed non-curry eater, but now she is the first to call me and tell me to pick up a Rajas on my way home! This place is simply the best!

1  Thank emma2105
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I don't know whether I was expecting too much given the top ratings this restaurant achieved on Trip but there were a few things that, to me, says this is just your average Indian eatery.
I booked a table through their internet site and had no response or confirmation. I phoned just to make sure I'd get a table and they obviously didn't have me on their register for the night. The restaurant isn't very big inside and to be honest is a bit scruffy. We had starters and two mains. The starters were first class, tasty and well cooked. I had chicken chatt and the wife had tempura vegetables. The mains were a bit of a disappointment. I asked if they could do me a Dansak meal as it didn't feature on the menu and I was assured they could cook me anything I wanted. Dansak is madras hot with lentil sauce and a slice of pineapple what I got was a Korma sauce with a little extra spice and no pineapple. The wife likes a Biryany with vegetable curry sauce. The sauce was ok but the sticky, over moist, rice was disappointing. All in all the food was quite nice, the staff were friendly and helpful but as I've already said can't understand the top markings. I apologise to all you Indian food aficionados if I've misspelt the meal names but you get my drift.

5  Thank bigneilly
Bikrampalsingh, Owner at Raja's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thanks Bigneilly
You can't understand ,why 119 people gave excellent . you must come from a very special place
i visited your table and talk to you in length and not ONCE you mentioned ,about sticky sauce and dansak .You sir ,were raving about the food and service,How good it was.We don't serve biryani with veg curry ,because the rice is already quite moist , yes! It was our fault for not explaining to you that we don't use any pineapple . SO all in all THE FOOD WAS QUITE NICE,AND THE STAFF WAS FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.(i am wondering ,what else we should do here)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were visiting Yorkshire from Australia and decided on dinner at Rajas after a local recommendation. Raja's menu offers plenty to choose from and we enjoyed starters and mains, all fresh and hot. The curries and accompanying chutney and pickles were delicious - flavours and spice blends so deep and rich. A fantastic meal, so much so that we had to get a take away a few nights later before we left!! We all enjoyed it so much.

2  Thank Bravomoon