“Always consistent”

Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Always consistent”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Been coming here for 25 years and never once been disappointed , I think this is the best place for steak by a country mile ,it can be a little on the expensive side but it is worth it.

Visited January 2013

Leeds
“A great choice - we will be back”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Oh, how I stewed and stewed over what restaurant to book for my partners 50th birthday. My only real criteria was intimate and romantic, but still with a decent amount of atmosphere. I've been to Sous Le Nez several times, and Kendalls Bistro once, but really fancied somewhere different but with a similar quality of food/atmosphere.

I have lived in Leeds all of my life and can't believe that I've never been to La Grillade. It's tucked away from the "main areas" in Leeds, hence the reason we've probably overlooked it, but what a great recommend it was on the trip advisor forums.

The service - exceptional. The food - out of this world. We spent £140 for two with a decent bottle of wine and it was worth every penny (starters, a steak each, and a dessert to share). My only very minor criticism of the whole evening was that my mussels weren't served without a spoon as to enjoy the garlic and cream sauce, but that is a very minor gripe.

I can truly recommend La Grillade, and we will be back as soon as possible.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank JollyHollidayer
London, United Kingdom
“Reliable option”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

This restaurant is a good option for French food or steaks and offers reasonable value (if price is not a worry, head for Sous le Nez). The service is pretty efficient but a little intrusive in nature as it becomes a little irritating to be asked about the meal several times during each course, particularly when this involves interrupting the flow of the conversation. Still, it's a nice experience but if service were a little warmer, it would be even better.

• Visited November 2012
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Monday Family Lunch”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I, along with my sister were treated to lunch at La Grillade when visiting other family members in Leeds. I had Fillet Steak which was accompanied by some rather silly matchstick sized fries. Three of our party had the steak, two had the "cottage pie". We all really enjoyed the steaks which were of the highest quality as were the pies. Starters and the wine were also of a high standard. Although I did not pick up the bill, I noticed from the menu that the prices were generally on the high side. I am a regular visitor to France and this restaurant compares favourably with any I have visited.

• Visited December 2012
Leeds
“excellent”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

It's been a number of years since i last ate at La Grillade and my wife hadn't previously visited. Neither of us were disappointed, the whole experience is still great! Being in a cellar adds to the atmosphere and ambiance, the staff are very friendly and helpful and more than happy to be engaged in conversation. But the thing that makes La Grillade special is the food, our steak was superb, cooked to perfection and the selection on the cheese plate was excellent. All in all, well worth a visit

• Visited December 2012