“Was great”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Sadly now closed ,the first real taste of France in leeds and always consistant ,good look to Guy whatever he does ,thanks for the memory's

1  Thank Belladwella

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've eaten here many times over the years and have always been totally satisfied, indeed La Grillade has probably been my favourite Leeds restaurant especially for special occasions. I wanted to book a table for my wives birthday in January but after a couple of days of not getting any reply on the phone I googled and found out that the restaurant closed just after the New Year.
Great shame.
Just posting this so that prospective diners are aware that currently no La Grillade!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Went as a couple back in November and shared a rib of beef which was cooked exactly how we requested. The steak came with ample sides. I usually eat in Sous le nez but this was just as good. I read some previous reviews that the service was poor but I found the staff welcoming and attentive. Excellent venue also.

I recommend a visit if you have never been.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had our annual Christmas get together and opted for Leeds this year, having never been to La Grillade I was expecting the typical overpriced, fixed menu poor quality food that a lot of the Leeds restaurants offer in December.

It was great when we walked in, although took a bit of finding as you go through a side door and head downstairs. The restaurant has a great feel to it and we were greeted by someone who appeared to be the owner and clearly knew what he was talking about. We had great pre dinner drinks in a relaxed atmosphere and then headed through to our delightful table. Food and Wine was top notch and a thoroughly enjoyable evening in great company, great atmosphere and fab service.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We went as a couple around 3 weeks ago. Its very unassuming from the outside but is quite intimate once seated. We had different starters, but both had the steak for main. It was beautiful and perfectly cooked. The wine was fantastic too, in fact we had a second bottle. The only negative would be that the waitress was unsure of the specials and had to go back and check, I'm guessing she was new. Overall a fantastic experience and would go again.