“SAD”

Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Leeds, United Kingdom
“SAD”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Sadly no more Beaujolais novae days or steaks remember the opening my 40th birthday and many other occasions there a great loss to Leeds

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank lotherton

Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Was great”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Sadly now closed ,the first real taste of France in leeds and always consistant ,good look to Guy whatever he does ,thanks for the memory's

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Belladwella
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Sadly stopped trading Jan 2014”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've eaten here many times over the years and have always been totally satisfied, indeed La Grillade has probably been my favourite Leeds restaurant especially for special occasions. I wanted to book a table for my wives birthday in January but after a couple of days of not getting any reply on the phone I googled and found out that the restaurant closed just after the New Year.
Great shame.
Just posting this so that prospective diners are aware that currently no La Grillade!

• Visited October 2013
“Great steak, good atmoshphere and excellent venue”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Went as a couple back in November and shared a rib of beef which was cooked exactly how we requested. The steak came with ample sides. I usually eat in Sous le nez but this was just as good. I read some previous reviews that the service was poor but I found the staff welcoming and attentive. Excellent venue also.

I recommend a visit if you have never been.

• Visited November 2013
York, United Kingdom
“What a Difference & Surprise...Decent Christmas Meal in Leeds”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had our annual Christmas get together and opted for Leeds this year, having never been to La Grillade I was expecting the typical overpriced, fixed menu poor quality food that a lot of the Leeds restaurants offer in December.

It was great when we walked in, although took a bit of finding as you go through a side door and head downstairs. The restaurant has a great feel to it and we were greeted by someone who appeared to be the owner and clearly knew what he was talking about. We had great pre dinner drinks in a relaxed atmosphere and then headed through to our delightful table. Food and Wine was top notch and a thoroughly enjoyable evening in great company, great atmosphere and fab service.

• Visited December 2013