“The Biggest Con in Leeds”
Review of La Tasca Leeds - CLOSED

La Tasca Leeds
Price range: US$17 - US$42
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Tasca brings the fun of a Spanish Fiesta to your table. A wide range of Tapas and Paellas to choose from with lots of Vegetarian and Gluten Free choices available. A wide range of drinks including a special sangria bar with daily specials available. A great choice for a cosy meal for 2 or a birthday party treat
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Are you an idiot?
Do you enjoy feeling like you've been ripped off?
Do you enjoy nights out where you spend £25 for £1 worth of food?
Do you enjoy meals where everyone is so hungry they need a takeaway afterwards?

If the answer is "yes" then you'll love La Tasca, otherwise you'll want to avoid it at all costs.

Here's my full experience:

Went for someones birthday on the La Tasca "party menu" at £25 per head, there were about 20 - 25 people.

1st dish - The oven baked flat bread - literally the size of a supermarket french bread pizza - to share between 6 people.

2nd dish - Tabla Espanola, described as traditional cured meats, mixed olives, Manchego cheese, chiabbata, and olive oil & vingar dips

What we got: 4 slices of salami, 4 slices of prosciutto, 1 thin slice of Emmental type cheese cut into 4 triangles, 4 TINY pieces of bread that stuck back together would have struggled to fill the footprint of a digestive biscuit - to share between 4 people.

3rd dish: Pollo Marbella, described as chicken breast with chorizo cooked in a white sauce

The reality - a tiny dish with literally - and I am NOT joking - about 2 really tiny pieces of chicken in it, along with 2 small slices from a chorizo with a smaller diameter than a pencil - to share between 4 people!!!! There wasn't even enough in the dish to share between 2 people, indeed 1 person would have struggled to get anything out of it. Maybe the poor pollo had wasted away flying here from Marbella, it needn't have bothered.

4th dish: Meatballs - 7 malteser sized meatballs (yes 7 - to share between 4 people ?!?) in a watery, flavourless sauce.

5th dish: Tiger Prawns - 6 or 7 prawns to share between 4 people, and since none of our quartet like prawns we passed those onto the diners next to us.

6th dish: Paella...

Paella - really? I always thought that paella had seafood in it. This was a tiny dish of savoury rice, the kind you can get out of a packet, and let me explain the portion size.

If you went to a Chinese and had a meal with rice then you individually would get 2 to 3 times more rice than we got to share between the 4 of us. We literally got about 1 - 1 1/2 spoonfuls of rice each. Didn't see any seafood in it at all.

7th dish: A handful of potatoes that had been smothered in oil, thrown in the oven, then had a line of sour cream and salsa poured on top.Didn't bother to even try these, I left them to my companions for fear they might waste away if they didn't get something to eat.

8th dish - Spanish doughnut twists - tiny portions as per the examples above.

So overall here's what I got for my £25:

1 tiny sliver of flat bread, 1 slice of prosciutto, 1 tiny quarter triangle of cheese, 1 miniscule piece of ciabatta, 2 meatballs, and a spoonful of savoury rice that was being passed off as paella - in fact I doubt there was even £1 worth of food there.

And to top it all off the food was dismal.

It staggers me that in the center of Leeds, a city awash with great restaurants and food outlets like the Trinity kitchens, that these jokers think they can get away with serving utter rubbish like this at completely extortionate prices.

In fact it's not even the money, £25 for a nice meal would be very reasonable, especially in Leeds.

What got to me is the feeling that I have been conned and royally RIPPED OFF!

They should be ashamed of themselves, and needless to say, not only will I NEVER visit La Tasca again, I don't think I'll bother going to any other tapas bar either if this is typical.

A complete waste of money and an absolute RIP OFF.

Definitely the biggest con in Leeds.

2  Thank Dan C

Reviewed 24 April 2014

After a number of years and numerous attempts to get my partner to go to a Tapas Bar we went to La Tasca on a recent weekend to Leeds.
Our visit was such a disappointment for the following reasons;
1) We were sat at a table near the entrance which meant everytime the door opened or closed the cold breeze almost blew the candle out.
2) The food was served very quickly in a rushed manner was no warmer than tepid and lacked taste.
3)Upon receipt of the bill i am still waiting for my change!!!

This may have been just our experience but suffice to say i dont think we will be frequenting La
Tasca again.
Very disappointing

2  Thank kitten010
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Five of our family met up for a meal on Easter Sunday ordering fifteen different dishes.It worked very well sharing tastes and deciding on a favourite which turned out to be pigs cheek.
14 lovely dishes only one containing chicken seemed a poor cut of meat.
We will definitely do this again..

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
LaTascaLeeds, Manager at La Tasca Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

We, the La Tasca Leeds "family", are more than delighted to ear that you enjoy dinning in our restaurant. We appreciate your comment as it will make us strive for an even better service and we look forward to see you again.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Too noisy, good service but food was expensive for what
it was. paella rice was quite hard, king prawn tasted bland.

1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 17 April 2014

It was very good, the atmosphere was great, the waitress really friendly, the food was simply amazing, definitely would go again

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca