“Rubbish”

Neighbourhood: Leeds City Centre
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Customer service absolutely terrible - not a patch on their Manchester venue.

Food was decent, but definitely one to avoid

Preston, United Kingdom
“Great food, noisy restaurant”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Having been to Akbars in Manchester a number of times, we knew we couldn't go wrong by visiting the Leeds branch.

All the reviews that say it's very noisy are right, it's not the place to go for a romantic meal! We could hardly hear each other above the noise of everyone else.

The food, as expected is very good. Unfortunately I couldn't eat my chicken tikka massala as it was too spicy which was disappointing but the pilau rice and giant family sized garlic naan filled me up.

The staff are very attentive and polite and the speed at which the food comes out is excellent.

Recommended for the food if nothing else.

1 Thank ajwbabe
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Absolutely incredible!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This place is simply outstanding! Service is fantastic, prices are very good, and the food is nothing short of incredible! By far the best curry we have ever had (and we love curry). In particular try the murg and chilli or lamb madras- but everything is great. Also effortlessly served a group of 19 of us- just brilliant

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

From the moment you walk through the door, you are made welcome by the friendly and attentive staff. The dip tray is very varied and extremely spicy, which suits me fine. The onion and potato onion bhaji's were just beautiful. Both our main courses were off substantive portions. But more importantly cooked to perfection and loaded with mountains of chicken. Very hard to fault this place. Well done and thanks for a great meal.

• Visited August 2014
“Gorgeous food, great service”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I can't fault Akbars. The staff are very welcoming and greet you straight away.
My partner and I went out for a meal here the other week. We were seated straight away and given our menu's. Poppadums and pickle tray were brought ot the table within 2 minutes of ordering.
The starters took about 15 minutes, which is fine by me since they are cooked from scratch. I don't mind waiting at all if I know the food is fresh, which it was. My mushroom pakoras and my partner's lamb chops were delicious.
The mains only took about 10 more minutes to come out, along with their famous naan bread, which was gorgeous.
I never eat leftovers usually, but Akbars food is so nice I bag whatever I can't eat to take home and have it the next day :)
This restaurant is a firm favourite of mine and first choice when it comes to dining out. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and the atmosphere is always great.

• Visited July 2014