“Hard to find but good value”
Review of Blancs Bistro

Blancs Bistro
Ranked #667 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$41 - US$52
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Holbeck
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Maybe we are a bit dim, but had difficulty finding this place. Better signposting might be an idea to increase the lunchtime clientèle.

I had "Cod brandade & lemon croquettes, spiced lentils" and the fact that there was one croquette on the lentils is not what I commented on when the waitress asked if it was all right.
I replied: "Yes, it was good, but this was not brandade". She quickly moved away. Either she was embarrassed because she knew it wasn't brandade or she didn't know what I was talking about.
My single croquette was mash potatoes with a bit of cod in it.
Have brandade in France, preferably in Nîmes where it was invented and you'll taste the difference.
The rest of our food was also very nice and the house wine was good.
However, we were surprised not to be given any bread which they used to bring to the table automatically (like in France). Had to order bread (but no, love, I didn't order butter!)
So, this is a French restaurant, Raymond, but not quite as we know it.
Oh, eck, not bad for Yorkshire after all.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Met up with some very old friends we hadn't seen for years, the staff were very good and didn't rush us. The food was very good, had Sunday lunch and the beef was exactly how we had asked for it cooking. One of our party had sweetbreads for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed them. We were very impressed with the bill, thought it would cost much more as we had drunk a few bottles of wine.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

First visit to this very charming bistro, very busy evening service as a run up to Christmas, never the less very attentive staff, wonderful food & wine at a very reasonable price.
Can't wait to go back

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Went here to for lunch to celebrate my wife's birthday and it didn't disappoint. Lovely leek salad starter + a pork belly main were absolutely brilliant + an excellent wine (cote du rhone). My wife had the sea bass which was perfectly cooked. The pannacotta dessert was beautifully presented and delicious. All for £41 for 2 people off the set menu (+ dessert) although the cote du rhone is not off the set menu so is £6.50 a large glass.

Just watch out for the expensive parking around there but that's Leeds.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We ate here as a party of 4 on Sat 30th November. My husband and I have never dined at a "known" chefs restaurant chain such as Jamie Olivers etc. Being tight Brummies we have always been put off by prices and the feeling of being disappointed. Our friends from Yorkshire have eaten here before and wanted to take us there. I ate from the set November menu, 3 courses for £13.95 and every course was gorgeous - there is even an offer on a glass of wine if you take this up. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his chicken and mash. 2 starters, 4 mains, I dessert, 4 glasses of wine and 4 beers/ciders came to £95. If more of your party like the set menu then even better. Considering the beautiful setting and excellent service this was good value - also we were early for our table but this was no probem and we were still seated. I shall be trying one of Raymondo's restaurants nearer to the Midlands in the future. Bon apetit.