“Absolutely perfect! Friendly, stylish and quality...”

The Restaurant Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 1,961 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$22 - US$38
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in the old Post Office building landmark, in the heart of City Square, The Restaurant Bar and Grill in Leeds presents an impressive setting to enjoy brunch, lunch, dinner or a private party. Welcoming diners every day, the open kitchen, with a wood stone oven and rotisserie, invites you to watch the chefs at work, whilst emphasising the casual and comfortable atmosphere of the restaurant. Dine at the raised mezzo sharing table, in the comfortable booth seating or from the counters at the kitchen itself. During the summer months al fresco dining is also available in the square, perfect for people watching whilst making your choice of dishes from the eclectic menu. Before or after your meal, you can also relax in the stylish surroundings of the grand cocktail bar, where the charismatic team can serve you a range of drinks from a Mojito to a Sapphire Cosmopolitan.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have been here years ago and haven't been back.....and I have no idea why. I work round the corner too. So yesterday (10th july) after a gym session we fancies nibbles wine and gossip.........

A first encounter with a very accommodating man (management I assume), who was to organize a heater for us and he was an absolute pleasure.
The wine was perfect, the bar staff friendly.
THE FOOD was impeccable, really quite lovely. Whitebait, crab on toast, olives, humous - just delicious. We are foodies and eat our a lot - it takes a lot to impress us. We were impressed!

Again the lovely gentleman (grey hair and mint green shirt), advised us about brunch, had a little chat and again was a pleasure (If I was in the F&B business restaurant - this would be the perfect choice maitre d' / manager). The young woman behind the bar was again a pleasure....
This is our new local and are going for Sunday lunch .....Sunday isnt soon enough.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

For the price I would of expected quality cooked food, asparagus over cooked along with egg over done, scallops over cooked chewie. Hardly any atmosphere, Blackhouse out rules this place ;)

2  Thank Vidal44
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I called in with colleagues and had a burger and drink. The atmosphere was great and the whole place clean. the staff were polite.

The meal was generally good - the chips especially - however the burdger bun wa a bit stale and fell apart.

The welcome at the door was great, but the bar was busy and it took about 10 minutes to order.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This smallish chain is similarly good in most of its guises around the UK. Pretty good food, served by youngish staff who are generally ok.

The Leeds offering has a great outside area opposite the railway station and is good for relaxing and people watching.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went on a Friday night, it was heaving at the bar with a large group obviously going to a do! It was very noisy so the staff suggested to go straight to our table upstairs. Although the noise was still there(large open space) it did not effect our meal. We had scallops to start, beautiful, cooked perfectly and served with a delicious sauce. I had the 38 day steak. Fabulous piece of meat and I am fussy about meat. Served on the bone. The only disappointment was the peppered sauce, it was awful, I did mention it and the waitress agreed it wasn't pleasant. I did not wont a different sauce as the steak was so good. My wife had the half ribs, it beat her and she said it was delicious. The staff are attentive and friendly without being over the top. The Irish coffee was also good. For a chain the standard of food was excellent, it is a great building, if a little noisy when full. Not cheap with a bottle of wine but worth it, we will be returning.