“Latin atmosphere .... So nice place and good food !”
Review of Viva Cuba

Viva Cuba
Ranked #59 of 1,891 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It was our first dinner to Viva Cuba, it was like being in a colonial house , so warm colour all around with Cuban music in the background ! There is a large choice of tapas 30ish : vegs , chicken , lamb and fish .Very tasty, very good qualities of the food, also the prices are reasonable!
It' s a simply way to feel in a trip of South America!
Sorry but we had a very bad Espresso :-(

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have become regulars at Viva Cuba over the years. Our one and only complaint is that it gets so busy that we can't get a table ! Buts it's worth the wait upstairs enjoying a cold beer.
The staff are superb and the food to die for. The atmosphere is always buzzing.
Not much more to be said except enjoy your visit as much as we always do.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I've been to viva Cuba numerous times and every time its been busy and I've had to wait a while to be seated but its well worth the wait.. Favourite dishes are the meat balls, chorizo and paella. The portion sizes are much more generous than la tasca with loads more flavour. Pricewise its quite reasonable.. Worth a trip down kirkstall road!!!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've not been to Viva Cuba since they messed around with the bar area years ago. But I felt the need for tapas, so decided to give Viva Cuba another shot.

The food was a mixed bag: some dishes were really good (the lamb stew and lamb skewer were excellent); some dishes were a bit bland (the nachos and stuffed jalapeños were dull); and one dish was a bit rubbish (the calamari was rubbery and unpleasant).

The service was good, with fast turnaround on drinks orders and no messing about. We did receive a dish we didn't order, but since it wasn't on the bill we didn't mention it. I assume it was intended for another table, so hopefully the people that did order it got a replacement (that was one of the really nice dishes too!).

There are several tapas restaurants in Leeds, and they're all much the same. They all have similar menus and are similarly priced. I'm just as likely to return to Viva Cuba as go to any of the others. It seems a shame that Viva Cuba doesn't capitalise on the Cuban theme and offer some more Cuba-specific dishes, rather than the usual tapas fair (potatas bravas, chorizo etc.).

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

One word - awesome!! The food, the service, the ambience!! Our first time here and I loved it!! I'm quite hard to please but I couldn't fault the place! The restaurant is very cosy and intimate with a fabulous Latin feel. The choice of tapas was very good and every dish we had was excellent. Well worth a trip. We arrived at 6pm and got a table straight away but as we left at 9pm it was very busy so worth getting here early as they don't take bookings.