“Below average tapas”

Ranked #90 of 2,230 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for a meal here before a trip to the cinema wanting to avoid the chain restaurants on the retail park... however we would have been better off going to Nando’s.
We ordered the garlic prawns, patatas bravas, mussels in cream and garlic sauce and the seafood paella. All the dishes were bland. The mussels where over cooked and shrivelled, the bravas sauce was really watery and the seafood paella was lacking in seafood and tasted like the savoury rice at Nando’s.
The service left us frustrated with them constantly hovering around and repeatedly interrupting our average meal asking to clear up. No organisation around how tables were being organised.
We did complain and get our drinks removed from our bill.
I have eaten at most of the tapas restaurants in Leeds and I definitely think this is the at the bottom of the rankings, better options elsewhere.

1  Thank taschface

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Unreal food, not just quantity but also quality. Best tapas I've been to in Leeds. What you get for your money is hard to beat and will definitely be back!

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best, maybe the best, Tapas restaurants outside Cuba. Can recommend the Cuban Jerk Chicken thighs and the prawns with tails on. The red sangria is also very moorish! Great meal again. See you again soon

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Whilst I have been coming to eat here since it opened (I only visit once a year or so) it just blows me away how consistently good the food is. Amazing service too - I asked for only a little ice in my sangria and that’s what I got. Thank you so much. I just don’t know how you get to be so good but please don’t change a thing. Well done. You’re the absolute tops.

1  Thank Bachelorgal
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Just enjoyed our second excellent experience of this Tapas heaven. Couldn't fault either the food or the service. Portion sizes are large so be careful not to over order (we did!). Perhaps three dishes each is enough. There is a wide choice. I had delicious muscles, savoury lamb casserole and creamy aubergine and potatoes with garlic mayonnaise. All were delicious. Great Latin/Cuban atmosphere too.