“disappointing”
Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #530 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$29 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chic yet relaxed, Piccolino restaurants are a collection of Italian neighbourhood restaurants with delicious brasserie-style cuisine. Using fresh, seasonal produce, rustic yet classic Italian dishes are served in a contemporary setting at Piccolino. Many restaurants feature popular al fresco dining areas, where diners can experience fine Italian fare and cocktails.
Eastrington, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

having had the most gorgeous of meals in Bristol ,decided I must take my partner on a special night out to piccolino ,as she lives in leeds it was perfect , and I can only say ..wished I'd drove to Bristol !! they are playing on a big city workforce ,get them in and out and take their money ! the foc bread consisted of 4 of the tiniest pieces of crust with olive oil , garlic bread starter was black underneath (burnt) ,main courses and desert where fine ,but for what we paid I expected a lot more , also had to contend with a waitress who had a face like a slapped farce ;) all night

A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic as always!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I visited Piccolino last week with my parents for dinner. The food was delicious and the service was excellent as always! I'll definitely be back soon!

Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked this restaurant for a hen do of 14. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the service was excellent. We pre ordered our food and it was a very high standard, they brought everything out in a timely manner and made us feel very welcome. I would recommend going to this place and I would certainly go there again.

York, United Kingdom
“What a dreadful night”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had friends staying in the city centre, a dad with his 2 sons, from Norway. I booked here as it was near their hotel. Never again. It was embarrassingly awful. The noise volume made it impossible to have a conversation (packed in like sardines) the service was poor beyond belief and the food almost inedible. We waited over 30 mins for a table to become vacant. As some other reviewer has said, too many people so the fact we had booked became meaningless. We felt so upset as it was to have been a good night out catching up on news. Instead it was a tense wait for an awful meal. To be fair the manager didn't charge us the full whack and did apologise but we will never eat in a Piccolo restaurant again.

1 Thank Viv18
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Distinctly average.”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Recently visited with a group of friends and it was an extremely busy Saturday night.

The staff we're busy, but service was not bad at all. However I asked to hang my coat and was told there was no room, but the closet was half empty, could piccolonos not pop and buy some hangers from the shopping centre behind?

The drinks were ok and average sort of price for cocktails.

The food - my friends all enjoyed their food, but I had the seafood risotto and whilst it as ok some of the prawns were possibly off, so I left those. We only had a main course each and garlic breads, but it was well priced.

I wouldn't bother returning though, because it was only ok and not worth a return.

• Visited March 2014