“Great for vegetarians and meat eaters alike”
Review of Oranaise Cafe

Oranaise Cafe
Ranked #167 of 1,891 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have made this THE place to stop at when visiting Leeds.

Really affordable prices and good quality. If you read my other reviews you will soon notice that hubby and I appear to be "picky" about our food. It isn't about being 'picky' to us, but about getting a plate of decent food! Here you get that and more.

The service on all occasions has been excellent, very attentive and friendly. We visited with our young daughter (2 1/2 years old) and were made to feel at home.

I have had the Falafel meze a few times and it was delicious. One one occasion, the hummus needed a little bit more seasoning, it lacked a little bit of salt and could have done with a little bit more tahini paste, but all in all the platter was great.

Hubby tends to go for the Lebanese dish and chicken dish and has found them excellent on all occasions.

I would highly recommend it if you are looking for good food, relaxed atmosphere, good prices not too far from Leeds city centre.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We had heard excellent things about this place so finally decided to give it a try. The food was great, we ordered three courses! I had the salmon tagine which was delicious, only negative was that my salmon fillet contained quite a lot of bones which made it difficult to eat.
Atmosphere was great, service was good although they did forget a few things and we're late with one of the mains.

1  Thank KamillaHeap
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We happened upon this place by chance, driving through Leeds to visit family. The atmosphere is lovely - very relaxed, with nice music playing and a colourful, authentic interior. The menu was extensive and the waitress was friendly and helpful. We ate things we've never tried before, service was quick and the blueberry smoothie was DELICIOUS! What a little gem of a place - just wish we lived a bit closer! Well done.

1  Thank PamSouthLakes
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Can't fault this place. Everything is so full of flavour and great portion size for a reasonable price. Friendly service and a great relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank Jess P
Reviewed 24 February 2014

A friend organised a meeting at this place for a group of seven people who travelled to Leeds from Manchester. It was an excellent place to choose in all aspects. Excellent food , service and great value for money. I recommend this place for anyone who wants something special. I will definitely go back to it again.

1  Thank BMR135