“My favourite B&B”

Ranked #3 of 5 Avebury B&B and Inns
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“My favourite B&B”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Having spent Solstice 2014 with Antoinette and her friends at Avebury Life, I can honestly say this is the best B&B I have ever stayed at......and probably ever will stay at.
The atmosphere is so friendly that my stay here will be remembered fondly for ever. The beds are comfy; the breakfast is delicious and fresh and then there is the 'much more' element. You have to experience Avebury Life to appreciate how good it is. I have returned from my stay refreshed and uplifted. Thank you Antoinette for such a perfect welcome to Solstice 2014.

Room Tip: Sorry there is not a swimming pool and I cannot clear my entry.......There was however an amazing...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debbie B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Porth, RCT United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Fabulous location. Walking distance of the stones and village and also another pub on the main Road to Marlborough.
The B&B is friendly, calming and Antoinette can not do enough for you.
I have always loved the stones (since being a little girl and seeing Children of the Stones on TV).
We are heading there this weekend again (our 4th visit)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Catherine232
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I booked last minute without expecting too much and was overwhelmed by Antoinette's great hospitality. My room was very clean and comfortable and the house is just a few minutes walk through beautiful fields to the village pub, shop and the stone circle. The breakfast was vegetarian, very fresh and very tasty. A great start to my walk along the Ridgeway. The only possible downside (this didn't affect me) is that 1 bathroom is shared between 3 rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank isabel_l0nd0n
Oxfordshire, UK
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed for one night before starting to walk the Ridgeway, but wanted to spend some time in Avebury first as there is so much to see there. The B&B is just outside of Avebury itself, but it takes less than 10 minutes to walk to Avebury High Street, so don't be put off by the location. Antoinette's B&B is packed with beautiful crystals and art, along with lots of interesting books and the whole atmosphere is very relaxing. Our room and bathroom were warm and clean and the bed very comfortable indeed. The B&B is in walking distance of two pubs which serve food in the evening. Breakfast was lovely - homemade bread and a good choice of cereals, juice, fresh fruit and a great veggie cooked breakfast to finish. We shared a table with our host, (who is very knowledgable about Avebury, the area and its phenomena) and our fellow guests. It was interesting and really enjoyable to chat with the other guests and hear what had brought them to Avebury and about their experiences. It was a shame we didn't have the time to stay longer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindy87
Velp, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 March 2014

How fantastic were my three days and nights stay at Avebury Life B&B, such friendliness, excellent breakfast, great room, beautiful scenery. Salisbury Castle, Devizes, Silbury Hill, Marlborough, Stonehenge, Woodhenge are all closeby. The B&B is situated within the Avebury Stone circle !!! Overall it was un unbelievable spiritual holiday. Thank you Antoinette!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Rob G
Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Antoinette was an amazing host, on arrival we received a warm welcome and were shown to our room on the ground floor which contained a very comfy bed and beautiful artwork of Avebury. The yummy veggie breakfasts complete with fresh homemade bread were made even better by great conversation with our host and other guests. We had a fab time exploring Avebury, which is such a magical place and to top
it all off the local pub offered a decent selection of ales too. Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Rhian J
AntoinetteAvebury, Owner at Avebury Life B&B, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Avebury is a magical place and it has much to offer all year round. I am so pleased to have my B&B to share this place. Thanks Antoinette
Munich
Reviewed 15 February 2014

It greatly pains me to not write a great review for this B&B, Antoinette (owner) is such a lovely woman who really wants to make her guests happy. Breakfast comes with Antoinette's homemade bread and herbs from her garden - lovely. The room was quite cold, but she did not hesitate to turn up the heat and provide us with a space heater, which greatly improved things, but the room had a mustiness that had my husband and I coughing much of the night. We felt the room was rather expensive for what we got. It is a lovely 15 - 20 minute to the Avebury stone circle and a quiet location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ErinSings
AntoinetteAvebury, Owner at Avebury Life B&B, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for your comment. It is correct that we are in the country and many people, that are used to cities find it colder here, It is wise to bring an extra jumper and I will increase the heating to the requirements of my guests. It has been very wet here and I making sure that the rooms are well aired and heated. Avebury is a village with very few B&B's and I am almost half the prize of the other B&B in town. I am making every effort to give good value for money and costs are high in this area. I value it, if guests tell me of any needs and I will do my Best to accommodate. Antoinette
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avebury
Alexandra House
#2 of 5 in Avebury
B&B Haven At Avebury
B&B Haven At Avebury
#4 of 5 in Avebury

Been to Avebury Life B&B? Share your experiences!