“Don't bother”

Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Found close to the St Thomas & St Edmunds Church in the heart of historic Salisbury, this ASK Italian restaurant has recently gone through an extensive refurbishment. We've created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we've created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
Reviewed 19 May 2011

My sister and I went here and were really disappointed, the food was tasteless and poor quality ,no atmosphere. The staff were way over the top friendly and didn't leave us alone. To sum it up poor quality food and way over priced for what we had

1  Thank Corey58

Reviewed 22 April 2011

The food here is pretty good - a better range than most Italian restaurants. However, what lets the place down is the ridiculous series of '20 questions' each customer faces when eating at this place. If you want to sit, eat, and have a relaxing time without necessarily buying everything and becoming your waiter's best friend, it's not the best place to go. This isn't because of the waiters/waitresses themselves, as they are very pleasant, but due to the fact the the company imposes a strict list of things each waiter has to do to keep their job (recommend a personal favourite, suggest 'large' coffees, ask if you want a whole host of other things to go with your meal etc.); I last visited for a quick pizza and was exposed to a barrage of up-selling by a chap who clearly wasn't comfortable with it, and eventually I had to ask why. If he gets a mystery diner, and he doesn't do all of that, he could lose his job. So for the sake of the staff, I'm giving it a lower rating than I otherwise would. But that's just my opinion.

Reviewed 21 February 2011

Very good food and the waiter was extremely knowledgeable ... excellent!

Reviewed 22 September 2010

used a voucher buy one meal get one for £1. the lasagne at £9.50 was no better than Wetherspoons, seasoned chips at £2.95 - little more than a handful with some pepper and salt and a tiny portion of mayonnaise. with the voucher I still considered we paid too much for the food which was nothing special at all. Don't think I'll be back.

Reviewed 4 June 2010

Average food and service which can be had better at the same price from lots of other places. This is a large place which (on the saturday I was there) was full of party groups which, given the bare walls and floors made for some deafening noise with no ambience. Don't go unless you're with a large crowd where shouting to your fellow guests would be considered acceptable!