“Good food and atmosphere”
Review of ASK Italian - Salisbury - CLOSED

ASK Italian - Salisbury
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Found close to the St Thomas & St Edmunds Church in the heart of historic Salisbury, this ASK Italian restaurant has recently gone through an extensive refurbishment. We've created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we've created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Love their menu, and the staff are always so friendly. They are brilliant with children and make a family meal a real pleasure

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The ambiance of this restaurant is quite good, although the table we were shown to could have done with a wipe over. Young waiting staff who were generally very good, except when I asked for the bill and kept waiting so I went to the bar to pay. The food: I ordered what was described on the menu as 'meatballs'. What I got was a dish with pasta and perhaps one cut up meatball. I could find no other trace of meatball in the dish. For nearly £11 this was disappointing. My wife's chicken dish was also extremely light on chicken. A 660 ml bottle of Peroni £6.15. All in all a very ordinary meal for two, consisting of two beers, two mains and some what were described as 'nibbles' came to just short of £40. Was this value for money? Definitely not. There is better value to be had in this city.

1  Thank timbo50
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Having visited quite a few Ask restaurants I was pleased to see several non-traditionally Italian meals I.e. Sea bass, steak and my choice pork belly. I enjoyed it so much I tried the recipe myself the following day. It was very tasty, succulent and warming on a cold, blustery day, just what I needed. Served with herby new potatoes and perfectly cooked spring greens. This choice was a real surprise and the quality exceptional for an Ask restaurant. They seem to be improving rapidly over the last few years. Service was excellent, drinks over-priced but enjoyable. Pleasant atmosphere and helpful, cheerful and friendly staff, seemed genuine, not speaking like automatons?

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Took my girlfriend here for dinner Wednesday 19th March and was really impressed! The waiter was very prompt, coming over and introducing himself (Gedz I believe) before taking our drink order and recommending a nice pinot which was brought over straight away and proved to be very nice. Shared a starter of Portobello Al Forno then I had Prosciutto E Bufala and my girlfriend had Spaghetti Al Pomodoro which was all delicious! Shared a sorbet for dessert which was also good :) luckily happened to see the Chef walk through later who introduced herself as Max and we gave her our compliments! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Average restaurant, not a cosy atmosphere more open motorway dining, food ok but not very inspiring, puddings disappointing. Wouldn't hurry back.