“Very nice meal”

Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Found close to the St Thomas & St Edmunds Church in the heart of historic Salisbury, this ASK Italian restaurant has recently gone through an extensive refurbishment. We've created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we've created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
“Very nice meal”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We went on Saturday night last minute and was very pleased with the food they have a very good selection and service we had from the staff was great too. It was a very nice evening out. We have not been to Ask for a few months but will be returning as forgot how nice it is in the restaurant and value for money .

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank AndySCFC

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Ok, so we know that Ask is a chain restaurant, so you pretty much know what you are going to get. But out of all the italian chains in Salisbury, I think Ask is the best.

We last went on a Tuesday night, so it was pretty quiet. We sat in the conservatory which is very light, airy and nicely decorated. I'd last been about a year previously and all the decor has been updated since then.

The menu is also new (inspired by Theo Randell apparently!) and we ordered a flavoured bread for starter together with two pasta dishes. My husband had a glass of chianti and I had a soft drink.

We shared the Focaccia Mediterranea to start, which was plenty for two people. It came with lots of olive oil, tomatoes, olives and rosemary.

I then had the Tagliiatelle con luganica e porcini for main. A delicious, meaty pasta with tomatoes, sausages, beans and porcini mushrooms. The sausage was flavoured with fennel and the dish was really good. I'd had a similar pasta dish at Jamie's italian recently, and for me, this one was better.

The drinks and food were all served in funky glasses and plates and everything was a good portion size. I think our meal came to around £35.

As well as great food, the staff were really nice and friendly. The waiter told us this little story about how the salami came to be flavoured with fennel) something to do with a thief and a fennel bush. Also, we had a discount voucher which the waiter processed for us without complaint even though we'd forgotten to tell him about the voucher.

Overall, a great experience and highly recommended.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Pinotnoirgirl
“Worst. Pizza. EVER.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Service was ridiculously slow. We already had numb bums from the uncomfortable chairs by the time our food finally arrived. The pizza base was uncooked, the sauce very thin and ungenerous, and the toppings minimal. I am a rubbish cook, but even I can make better pizza at home with a Tesco Value pizza base, some tomato puree and a bit of cheese. A bitter disappointment, would never ever go there again, even if someone else was paying.

Also, disabled loo was blocked by rubbish bags, chairs, mops and buckets. Disgraceful.

• Visited August 2013
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Nothing like it used to be”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Poor meal, slow service...I used to take my kids here years ago and it was always great fun. Now it's horribly overpriced presumably in order to accommodate the 30% off voucher deals on line which bring it back down to normality if you've got one, but which leave you gasping at the cost for a high street pizza place if you don't. As we found out when we asked, the pasta sauces are just made in some central kitchen somewhere, not on the premises and are delivered in bottles and reheated on site. So they can't be adapted if, like my friend you are allergic to garlic. She ended up with a big puffy bit of bread with some tomatoes and chicken less than liberally sprinkled on for about a tenner. Outrageous. Not going back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Peter372
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Visited Ask on 17/06/2014,not very busy but staff friendly and polite.Gentleman who served us,
I believe was the manager couldn't have been more helpful.Meals were good and served hot,Drinks are expensive and to attract more people,prices need to be looked at.Enjoyable experience will definitely go again,as Ask is competing with other restaurants in the area.might be an idea to offer 2 for 1 especially when shortage of customers during the week.

• Visited June 2014