“Really poor customer service”
Review of Coach & Horses - CLOSED

Coach & Horses
Price range: US$0 - US$41
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The coach and Horses, is a traditional 13th Century Coaching Inn, Serving Home Cooked Food Monday to Friday 12.00 To 2.30Pm 6.00Pm to 9.30Pm Saturday 12 to 9.30Pm Sunday Midday to 5.30Pm We are Child Friendly and Dog Friendly. We also have a large courtyard
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Visited this pub with family. Staff were rude and unhelpful. The owner made my 3 year old son cry by speaking very harshly to him. When I expressed my dismay at what happened, I was threatened by the owners husband. A really unpleasant experiance. I have never been so badly treated. Its clearly not a 'Salibury thing' as the rest of our holiday was great, went to great restaurants and pubs, where we were treated really well.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

We visited here during a Saturday afternoon and sat in the beer garden. We took our dog along - which was more than welcome and enjoyed a lovely meal in the sun!

Inside the pub has been recently decorated .... and outside there is a choice of benches or sofas to sit on!

Food very reasonable and portions healthy.

Plenty of car parks within a 5 min walk.

Staff very friendly and happily filled the dogs bowl up!

1  Thank miss_bagpuss
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I went into this pub originally for a drink so I could warm my cold bones and use their restrooms. Sitting up at the bar I noticed how clean my glass looked and I passed remark to the barmaid about this. She said they were very fussy about cleanliness as I am also . This led me to look at the menu and I ordered a two course special, soup of the day followed by main course. Absolutely wonderful and only 10 pounds.

Reviewed 18 January 2010

Came on a works meal out last week and was extremely disappointed at the rude service we got throughout the meal. Bill arrived before we had been asked if we wanted coffee, and when we asked for some, got very terse response. Tea was 4 mugs of boiling water with some tea bags thrown onto the tray... not even on a plate.

We were all quite shocked by the behaviour as the atmosphere was awful all evening, and spoilt the occasion. But I cannot fault the food or value - just will not be returning to be treated like that.

3  Thank salisburyjane
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Went here on the strength of the reviews on here. I think they're a bit over rated. The exterior is beautiful but I expected someting a bit more "ye olde pub" but inside it's just a bit chintzy. That said, the menu was reasonably priced and the quality of food pretty good. (I think the person who wanted to compare with Michelin stars was going quite a bit too far though!)
Didn't try any other pubs in the area, but I think there would be others with better atmosphere in town.

1  Thank bradthiele