“In a nutshell, quite nice.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #93 of 264 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Beautiful Grade 2 listed Pizza Express Salisbury offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes authentic Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh pasta and salads. We pride ourselves on being extremely family-friendly. We provide colouring packs to every child and have ample highchairs and plenty of tables that can accomodate prams and pushchairs. We also have a beautiful period-style upstairs area which can be used as a private room.. We can accomodate parties up to 70 and have many set menu options to make ordering for your party quick and easy.
“In a nutshell, quite nice.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Food was of a good standard and the waiting times were very short. Welcoming service and a good selection. Only downside being the high prices.

• Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
“poor pizza and poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I like pizza express generally although I have experienced one or two bad ones and sadly this is one of them. It was not particularly busy at about 3pm on Saturday afternoon and we were shown to a table quite quickly.
The first thing I noticed was the noisy tiled floor. Every chair scraped and every chair made enough noise as to make you look up.
It was a cool day outside and the air con was very cold. Several times my wife asked for them to turn the temperature up a bit but we were in for about and hour and I could detect no difference.
We ordered cheesy garlic bread for starters, Diet Cokes and water.
The pizza when it came was lukewarm and soggy as if it had been standing for a while. All three were the same and when we pointed this out to the waitress her initial response was to ask if we would like them cooked a bit more.
I asked her if that was a correct response and she immediately offered to have fresh pizza made.
I know that fresh pizza takes about 15 minutes from start to finish but this took 30 minutes and I had to ask the manager where it was.
The fresh pizza when it came was excellent. Crispy, Hot and savoury, just as it should have been first time.
We were charged the full amount and there was no word of apology from any of the three staff and manager who eventually served us.
We will not be back to this Pizza Express.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Sullen staff, so-so food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Having eaten in Ask the previous night, we expected a similar standard of food and service in Pizza Express. We were disappointed. The staff were unwelcoming and sullen, muttering amongst themselves. The food was bland. Couldn't wait to leave.

• Visited July 2013
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Orange Wednesday supper”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Earlier in July I went with 5 friends to Pizza express. With an orange wednesday code you can order buy one get one free dough balls but we skipped that and went straight for mains. I had a legera pizza which is a healthier option with a hole in the base filled with salad. It was quite tasty but I went off to the cinema still feeling hungry so next time I might just have a Venetzian which I usually enjoy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Good food, with a long wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

With a party of approximately 15 people. Food took a good hour to come out and when it did there was about a half hour wait between the first and last pizzas. Staff very quick to provide more wine to the table during this wait, but weren't so attentive when taking orders. 3 of the pizzas bought out were not what we had ordered. Food was good when it eventually did arrive but ruined the experience for me and probably most of my party.

• Visited June 2013