“Very impressed”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Went there last night (24th April). Having never eaten at one of these restaurants (didn't even realise it was chain until last night) we were drawn to the appeal of the building. Looked at the menu and decided that we would give it a shot. Very helpful staff, seated us quickly, served us quickly and gave just the right amount of time between courses (a balance that is often missed.) We had a bottle of wine that was ice cold as was the water.

The food itself was lovely. Had a bread platter to start which was one of the best I've had although it could have done with bigger dishes for the oil/balsamic. We both had pizza, one with chicken and pepperoni, the other with ham and mushrooms etc. They were the best pizzas I've had for a long time.

The only issue I have (partly my fault for not asking) but there are 3 pizza options, classic, light and another one I can't remember. We knew the light was a light version but was substantially smaller than the classic.

Overall I would say great service and great food. I can only speak for this one occasion that I visited but the feel,atmosphere and service were all great and felt as if you were in a family run restaurant not a chain.

There are newer reviews for Prezzo - Salisbury

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Had a terrible experience when ordering a takeaway. Thought it would be a lovely treat to try their takeaway service - how wrong could I be. In the 'special requests' box online I asked for garlic mayo to go with my mushrooms (standard in the restaurant) and Parmesan for the pasta. I was greeted by a surly waitress whilst my order was packed up and bundled out the door quickly. When I arrived home my food was stone cold and thrown into the takeaway boxes. My penne al pollo zafferano had two bits of chicken and lo and behold there was no garlic mayo, Parmesan or salsa for the mozzarella in carrozza (also standard in the restaurant). I phoned the restaurant to complain who kindly offered for me to drive back to get my missing items. When I asked if I would receive a goodwill gesture or any kind of refund for the poor service I was told 'ring head office, we don't do refunds' and hung up on! I will be sure to avoid this place from now on - there are plenty of independents in Salisbury that do it a hell of a lot better.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

It is always busy and we had just found out that through a voucher scheme we could get a discount, so gave it a try. Great idea! The garlic bread with caramelised onions shared is a meal in its own right! I had the Vesuvius pizza and it was wonderful with an onion and tomato salad on the side.
My wife had the chicken with a yummy looking mushroom/wild fungi sauce and rosemary potatoes and she was delighted with her choice.
The bottle of Barbera was very fairly priced and good value.
The honeycomb smash cheesecake was very bad calorie idea but a slice of heaven!
Service was excellent.
Finished off with double espresso and the bill with discount was £45 and that is AMAZING!
Another good restaurant in Salisbury

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Staying on my own at an expensive hotel with an a la carte evening menu I simply fancied a cold beer and a pizza. Having eaten in other Prezzo restaurants, I was pleased to find this 5 minutes from my hotel. Mistake! Should have checked TripAdvisor first!

The good bits:
* The pizza was ok

The bad bits:
* Was placed on a table next to a couple having an intimate evening meal when there were several other tables free elsewhere in the restaurant.
* Service very slow. Waited a full 5 minutes after being seated before any staff even acknowledged me even though the place was just over half full.
* The member of staff who finally acknowledged me simply fetched another member of staff who turned up 3 minutes later. I was almost out the door heading for Pizza Hut by this time.
* When it turned up my bottle of Perroni was not cold.
* No one asked me if my meal was ok at any time.

I ate up and cleared out asap without leaving a tip. This is neither a friendly nor efficient restaurant considering that the place was nowhere near full. Staff need a real wake-up call here. Other Prezzos do it much better and with a smile.

My tip for this Prezzo to potential customers is -- eat elsewhere there are plenty of good restaurants in Salisbury who will be pleased to have your custom.

My tip for the staff is -- get with the programme! Perroni is supposed to be cold served and your customer service should be hot.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very nice location. Lovely food. Well priced. Very nice staff.

Yes, we'll come again - and look out for others in the chain. Many thanks.