Victoria Lodge
US$96
  • Restaurant
City Lodge(Salisbury)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssingle roomguest houseone nightnice walk along the riverlot of traffic noisecity centreb bbeds were very comfortablenice breakfaston arrivalcar parkstayed here for nightswould stay here againbusy roadmain roadnice rooma great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My stay in Salisbury at the Victoria Lodge can only be judged as faultness - The location spot on , easy to get in and out of Salisbury - the car park very good size . My room was clean and warm and welcoming - the shower 'room' was excellent - the breakfast was huge ( if you required everything on offer ) and I would certainly recommend and look forward to my next visit to Wiltshire .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Have just spent our third weekend here (in 18 months) and having looked at TripAdvisor decided to add our comments to those already posted. As stated elsewhere it is very convenient for the town centre - about a 10 minute walk, a few minutes by bus and there is also a useful sized car park. We have had different rooms on each occasion and they have all been clean, good sized and warm. The bed linen is new - and I would hazard a guess that the beds are also. So far, all very good. What makes the difference we thought though was the cheery welcome we had a breakfast with what seemed a genuine interest in how we had slept (very well) if we had enjoyed our evening out (we had) and what we had planned for that day (seat of pants really). Breakfast itself is substantial if you want it to be - and light if you don't. I get the impression that nothing would be too much trouble for this place - you just have to ask. Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for room seven if you are long legged - fantastic bed.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This was the second time within a year that I've stayed here. The staff are friendly and jolly, and they sprovide a good breakfast (subject to comments that follow!). The rate is a very fair one, considering it's only ten minutes walk to the city centre, and for a business traveller (such as me) it's just what you want: not flashy or pricey, just very convenient. Now for some minor gripes, which I hope will be taken in the manner of constructive criticism: on arrival I was told there was no reservation for me (after a two hour drive this was not welcome news). While I went out to my car to fetch proof of reservation, the receptionist realised she was looking at the wrong date in the reservations book (panic/heart attack resolved!). The next morning I turned up to the breakfast room at 8.40am (breakfast service officially ended at 9am); I was told by the breakfast lady that she thought all the guests had already eaten and had started clearing away the food - was relieved to still get my breakfast! Also she asked whether I'd like white or brown toast: I said brown, so naturally she served me white (oh well!). I suppose it all adds to the gaiety of life (and I was amused by the rodent killer left behind the loo in the ensuite!). At least this time I wasn't awoken at 7am by the bloke upstairs above me praying to Mecca (hardly the guesthouse's fault). I will definitely stay again, just please look up my reservation correctly, and keep the breakfast service open till 9am (brown toast please).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We had a great stay at Victoria Lodge. The owners were only too happy to accept our dog staying. The only issue we had was a pathetic shower.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We selected Victoria Lodge upon recommendation of local friends as it was close to their home in Salisbury and within walking distance of the City Centre. While pleasant enough (comfortable beds, nice breakfast), there are some issues. During our visit, the weather had turned warm, and we had to leave the windows open during the night; usually this is not a problem, but the hotel sits on a busy street, and the traffic noise was dreadful; add to that the time of year (the sun rises VERY early), and only one of the two windows was operable. It was not a restful visit.

The hotel did provide free WiFi, and I always note this and appreciate it.

It is a charming property, bordering on twee. The owners live on the premises, and they were very helpful and accommodating; unfortunately, they could not control the weather.

Room Tip: Try to secure a room on the back if the weather is warm to avoid some traffic noise at night during warm weather.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends