“Not for light sleepers”

Ranked #31 of 57 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Not for light sleepers”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed for one night and the hosting cannot be faulted, everyone working was friendly and very helpful. The decor is a bit dated, but everything was clean and neat. Not too far from town, about a 15 minute walk, and a taxi to town costs about £5.00. Breakfast was nice - endless toast! - a suitably-sized portion and not greasy or soggy like some cooked breakfasts can be.

We were, however, right by the road and it was very loud, even late into the night and early into the morning, and we had a constant thudding sound of water pipes or a washing machine or something in an adjacent room. This guesthouse is not for light sleepers!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montgomeryville
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Located at a busy intersection so traffic noise was a bit of a problem but traffic was light during normal sleeping hours. Traffic noise did wake me up in the morning even though I was wearing ear plugs, but I am a very light sleeper! The staff was very nice and the breakfast was delicious - made to order eggs served on hot plates. Our room was a bit too small for us and the bathroom had very little horizontal surface for cosmetics. I would recommend a bigger room, we had room 8 with a double bed.

Room Tip: If you have more than one suitcase ask for a bigger room!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
South East England
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed here for one night on route to North Devon. The hotel is in an excellent location 15 mins walk to town centre and you can leave your car at the B&B which is an added bonus. The room we stayed in was large with a double and a single bed. The double bed squeaked loads with the result I had to sleep in the single. It seems the base of the double need changing but apart from that we both slept well. The breakfast was top notch, tasty and fresh. We would definitely stay her again. Couple running it are very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This B&B is very easy to find and the location is excellent for the city centre. The owners and their staff, presumably family, are most welcoming and very accommodating nothing seemed too much trouble. On arrival I was offered an upgrade to a larger room as I had only booked a single but my room was more than adequate. I have read the other reviews and find much of the criticism unfounded.Yes there is some traffic noise and that has to be expected for a city location if its a problem I am sure the Landlord would be happy to accommodate you wherever is quietest, if you ask. The linen was clean and tea an coffee making available in the room as was TV and WIFI. This is not expensive and is also a family home and should be judged as such. Oh and a very nice breakfast. Thank you Victoria Lodge I will be back.

Room Tip: I am sure the Landlord and Landlady would let you choose which ever room you wished of those availab...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Victoria Lodge, has everything a traveller could want. Short walk to city centre... Clean, modern and plentiful accomodations, supported by a warm and friendly staff that welcome you with open arms. The room was spacious, issue free, problem free and a true joy to experience. Breakfast is plentiful and served daily from 730am... the price for accomodations are more then fair, and an incredible value for the money... when travelling to Salisbury, look no further then Victoria Lodge.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Guildford
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our 1 night stay at this B and B. The lady on reception could not have been more helpful. We were given a tourist map and detailed directions to where we wanted to go.

On our day of departure she said we could leave our car there if we wanted, to spend the day sightseeing to save the expensive parking in town. It's only a 10 minute walk into the old town so no need to drive or take a cab.

The breakfast was very good. We will stay here again next time in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth, Scotland
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I needed somewhere to stay overnight with parking and convenient access to the city centre. This fitted the bill perfectly. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, even letting me use the car park before I checked in and for a few hours after I checked out as well. Very useful as parking in Salisbury is expensive. The walk into the centre is about a mile but very nice if you take the riverside walk route (ask at reception).

I agree that the walls are rather thin so that noise can be an issue but my room was a good size and very clean. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo