Victoria Lodge
  • Breakfast included
City Lodge(Salisbury)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewssingle roomguest houseone nightnice walk along the riverlot of traffic noisecity centreb bbeds were very comfortablenice breakfaston arrivalcar parkstayed here for nightswould stay here againbusy roadmain roadnice rooma great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed for one night and the hosting cannot be faulted, everyone working was friendly and very helpful. The decor is a bit dated, but everything was clean and neat. Not too far from town, about a 15 minute walk, and a taxi to town costs about £5.00. Breakfast was nice - endless toast! - a suitably-sized portion and not greasy or soggy like some cooked breakfasts can be.

We were, however, right by the road and it was very loud, even late into the night and early into the morning, and we had a constant thudding sound of water pipes or a washing machine or something in an adjacent room. This guesthouse is not for light sleepers!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Located at a busy intersection so traffic noise was a bit of a problem but traffic was light during normal sleeping hours. Traffic noise did wake me up in the morning even though I was wearing ear plugs, but I am a very light sleeper! The staff was very nice and the breakfast was delicious - made to order eggs served on hot plates. Our room was a bit too small for us and the bathroom had very little horizontal surface for cosmetics. I would recommend a bigger room, we had room 8 with a double bed.

Room Tip: If you have more than one suitcase ask for a bigger room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed here for one night on route to North Devon. The hotel is in an excellent location 15 mins walk to town centre and you can leave your car at the B&B which is an added bonus. The room we stayed in was large with a double and a single bed. The double bed squeaked loads with the result I had to sleep in the single. It seems the base of the double need changing but apart from that we both slept well. The breakfast was top notch, tasty and fresh. We would definitely stay her again. Couple running it are very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This B&B is very easy to find and the location is excellent for the city centre. The owners and their staff, presumably family, are most welcoming and very accommodating nothing seemed too much trouble. On arrival I was offered an upgrade to a larger room as I had only booked a single but my room was more than adequate. I have read the other reviews and find much of the criticism unfounded.Yes there is some traffic noise and that has to be expected for a city location if its a problem I am sure the Landlord would be happy to accommodate you wherever is quietest, if you ask. The linen was clean and tea an coffee making available in the room as was TV and WIFI. This is not expensive and is also a family home and should be judged as such. Oh and a very nice breakfast. Thank you Victoria Lodge I will be back.

Room Tip: I am sure the Landlord and Landlady would let you choose which ever room you wished of those available if you ask.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Victoria Lodge, has everything a traveller could want. Short walk to city centre... Clean, modern and plentiful accomodations, supported by a warm and friendly staff that welcome you with open arms. The room was spacious, issue free, problem free and a true joy to experience. Breakfast is plentiful and served daily from 730am... the price for accomodations are more then fair, and an incredible value for the money... when travelling to Salisbury, look no further then Victoria Lodge.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo