“Great food”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Susanville, California
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I loved the Cathedral Hotel because all the staff were so kind and friendly and helpful, and the food was very good. Jamie, the chef, does an excellent job in the restaurant. Definitely a great place to stay!

CathedralHotel, Owner at The Cathedral Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Jeanie F,
Thank you for your great review. I am delighted our team could help you enjoy your visit to Salisbury. Jamie was delighted that his cheesecake and him of course got a mention. We hope you get to visit Salisbury again and come and visit us.
Kind regards
Tony Negal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Axminster, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was a very well presented hotel, staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Very well equipped comfortable rooms, with great power shower. The only fault was the noisy beer garden late at night but to be fair they did warn you about this in their information and did supply ear plugs in your room. Situated in the City centre with everything on your doorstep

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
CathedralHotel, Owner at The Cathedral Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Carey C
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Salisbury and taking the time to share your experience with other travellers. I am delighted you found our hotel to be efficient and well presented. We are continuously reinvesting in the building to ensure the rooms, bar, garden and restaurant area are of a high standard. Noise is generally a bigger problem for us at weekends during hot spells as guests prefer to leave the secondary glazing open and have some fresh air. We have installed ceiling fans, but as you will be aware these cannot cope with the present extremely hot spell we are having. The mobile air conditioning units we have installed in the corridors have helped a little. We are presently reviewing if we can have a quieter more permanent solution to this problem. I will ensure our team see your review and I will pass your comments on. I hope you get a chance to visit Salisbury again and come and stay with us.
falkirk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everything about our stay was fantastic. The staff were magnificent,with a special thank you to Andreea and Anna,and to Poppy and a massive cheers to Stevie who made sure we didn't get into too much trouble!!! (He'll know what I mean) Breakfast was superb,couldn't fault anything about our stay. Comfortable room,great food,and a decent pint!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear spike d

I am delighted our team helped you enjoy your weekend away. It is great that you were able to enjoy our hotel, restaurant and late night bar. The breakfast girls and Steve, always appreciate when they get a special mention. I will ensure they see your great review. We hope you get a chance to come and visit again.

Baltimore USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I would like to give this hotel a 4 rating for rooms, 1 1/2 stars for its restaurant. I tried to sit at a clean table, but was directed to one with dirt and cigarette ash on it. I eventually got a waiter's attention. The egg I was served was burnt, the fries were the lowest quality frozen. It took some time in an almost empty restaurant to get the bill.
The next morning, even my tomato was burnt, and the food had little taste. When I left, the receptionist asked me how I had enjoyed my stay. When I mentioned the food, she dismissed my complaint with "other people love our food".

There are plenty of other hotels in Salisbury.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank The_Flying_Chef
CathedralHotel, Owner at The Cathedral Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Flying_Chef
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Salisbury. I am sorry our food was not up to standard and dampened the spirit of your overall stay and subsequent review. I am delighted you enjoyed your room facilities. It is disheartening that you thought the receptionist was dismissive of your comments. We take customer care very seriously and she had passed your comments onto me and we were in the process of reviewing which chef was on duty etc. I think the comment was meant to be consoling rather than dismissive and she was trying to say she was sorry we had let you down, but we had being receiving some great comments about our food recently. Once again thank you and I do hope you enjoyed your overall visit to Salisbury.
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed there for one night and had two adjacend rooms with one bath for our family of three. Very friendly people who helped us with finding the right parking (free between 6 pm and 8 am) around the corner and for the sightseeing spots.
We had an excellent service by Katie for dinner outside and especially Tony, the manager, made us feel comfortable and gave us some lessons in "Whiskys" after dinner, as we needed to buy a bottle the next day as souvenir.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Guentherandfamily
Dear Guentherandfamily

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit. I hope your son enjoyed the whiskey you brought home to him. It was great to look after you folks and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shown Katie your kind words and she was very appreciative. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in the U.K. Maybe you will get another chance to visit us again.

Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've stayed in many places in Salisbury this is my favourite as the beds are comfy, rooms extremely clean, the staff are more than helpful and the breakfast is amazing. Couldn't of asked for a better stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kateaaa
Dear Kateaaa
Thank you for your great review. I am delighted our team have helped you enjoy your stay with us. It is great that we are your first choice hotel in Salisbury. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were booked in to a second story room overlooking the courtyard, arriving on a Saturday after a long flight. Unfortunately the courtyard was packed with people out for a Saturday night and the noise didn't let up until 2am, despite the double glazed windows. When we complained on check out we were offered profuse apologies but also the comment that their website says it is noisy on a weekend. We have traveled a lot and are not precious when it comes to where we stay. Certainly no one said when we booked in that we wouldn't be able to sleep until 2am without earplugs. Do not consider staying here on a weekend!

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms facing the street might be quieter