We stayed here with our family. The hotel is a nice building but is maybe getting a bit run down. Still it does have some of the old-world charm in the reception area. The service however was very disappointing. It would have been funny if it was a scene from Fawlty Towers but alas the humor of John Cleese was absent! We had booked two connecting rooms and upon arrival asked if we could have a third one closely - since there were six of us. In a "Little Britain" style, the receptionist said there were no rooms available in that part of the hotel. So I asked where was the closest room, after some sighing and eye-rolling she looked at her computer screen and said "Oh the room 206 (or something like that) is available" so I said well where are the other rooms and she replied "205 and 204". So it started well. Then we asked if she could recommend a restaurant which was also good for kids she replied McDonald's, Burger King or Pizza Hut whereas there is an excellent steakhouse next door with a kids menu. The next morning we came downstairs at 9.32 and asked where was breakfast and she informed us it was too late that breakfast finished at 9.30! Our rooms were ok - with a delightful few on the car park, no air con (but generally you don't need it in the UK), tiny bathroom with a drip-drip shower. I would not recommend this hotel - especially not for the little britain service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th century 3 star hotel with 68 en suite rooms stands in the centre of Salisbury overlooking the famous Cathedral. Ideal base to visit Stonehenge and the New Forest. 25 miles from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Salisbury railway and coach station. The hotel features the award winning Squires Restaurant and Bar, a lounge, 3 conference suites and a free car park. Nearby local leisure facilities just a short walk away include swimming, sauna, squash, tennis, snooker, horse riding and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Hart Salisbury Hotel Salisbury
- Accor White Hart Salisbury
- Mercure Salisbury