Hotel in the style of "Country House".Very old building in parts with some character.Very good lounge areas.Breakfast excellent with extensive choice.
Situated a few minutes walk from Cathedral and the town centre shops,cafe's,bars,restaurants etc.However on corner of 2 main roads so quite noisy at times.
No lift so a good climb if you are on the second floor and a problem if you are disabled.There are no rooms on the ground floor.
Has own car park at rear of hotel but is chargeable at £5.00 per day even to guests staying at the hotel !!
Staff very helpful but short staffed when we were there so impeded on what was excellent service.
Be warned that hotel caters for many functions (weddings etc) and this takes over the Hotels only restaurant and some bar areas at these times.
We found the executive room quite tight in size.Rooms are usually larger in these style of hotels.
Tried to up rate but was told this was one of their best rooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th century 3 star hotel with 68 en suite rooms stands in the centre of Salisbury overlooking the famous Cathedral. Ideal base to visit Stonehenge and the New Forest. 25 miles from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Salisbury railway and coach station. The hotel features the award winning Squires Restaurant and Bar, a lounge, 3 conference suites and a free car park. Nearby local leisure facilities just a short walk away include swimming, sauna, squash, tennis, snooker, horse riding and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Hart Salisbury Hotel Salisbury
- Accor White Hart Salisbury
- Mercure Salisbury