On arrival from the Car Park the hotel looks quite grim, but walking through the rear garden and the newly decorated hall and reception creates a pleasant surprise. Reception staff very friendly, welcoming, and helpful! I think the hotel has recently been refurbished and it has a nice feel to it. rooms are a little small, and the beds are tiny. Our double bed was only a 4ft 6 which is the size of a standard single in most hotels these days. Room was well appointed and clean. unfortunately no air-conditioning and over a hot weekend the room was uncomfortably warm. Having all the windows open then subjected us to the all the very busy road noise, and people coming home from pubs & clubs to all hours. I know its rarely hot here and on a colder winters day the noise and heat would not be an issue, but its a consideration when booking. Breakfast was very average. Would I return? during winter....probably and I guess it would be cheaper too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th century 3 star hotel with 68 en suite rooms stands in the centre of Salisbury overlooking the famous Cathedral. Ideal base to visit Stonehenge and the New Forest. 25 miles from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Salisbury railway and coach station. The hotel features the award winning Squires Restaurant and Bar, a lounge, 3 conference suites and a free car park. Nearby local leisure facilities just a short walk away include swimming, sauna, squash, tennis, snooker, horse riding and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Hart Salisbury Hotel Salisbury
- Accor White Hart Salisbury
- Mercure Salisbury