“very good indeed”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Thame, United Kingdom
“very good indeed”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here for a weekend in March for our tenth wedding anav. very nice room and resteraunt. Food was excellent and the reception staff made checking in very easy and informal.Lovely breakfast with everything you would want.Yes a bit pricey for our stay over all but well worth it with a good time had by us both

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richard d
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear richard d

Thank you for choosing the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart hotel for your wedding anniversary celebrations.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know about your stay with us enjoying both the accommodation and dining facilities we offer. Both the team and I were pleased to read that you enjoyed excellent food and a lovely breakfast whilst staying and that the reception team were able to provide you with excellent service also.

Once again thank you for choosing us and may I wish you belated congratulations on your anniversary and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Mark Postlethwaite, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here so many times and on so many occasions and it never disappoints me. The food is always excellent and I have never had anything to complain about, hot, fresh and good quality every time
Service from the staff is great and one of the waiters went out of his way to find me a phone charger as my bty had died. Brilliant

Stayed December 2013
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear tinks 186414

Thank you for taking the time in letting us know about your visits to the Squires Restaurant at the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart Hotel.

Firstly we appreciate your continued business at the hotel and that both the staff and myself found your kind words motivating regarding not only your enjoyment of the excellent food provided but the great service you receive also.

Once again thank you for taking the opportunity to let us know about the quality of food and service and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

On arrival from the Car Park the hotel looks quite grim, but walking through the rear garden and the newly decorated hall and reception creates a pleasant surprise. Reception staff very friendly, welcoming, and helpful! I think the hotel has recently been refurbished and it has a nice feel to it. rooms are a little small, and the beds are tiny. Our double bed was only a 4ft 6 which is the size of a standard single in most hotels these days. Room was well appointed and clean. unfortunately no air-conditioning and over a hot weekend the room was uncomfortably warm. Having all the windows open then subjected us to the all the very busy road noise, and people coming home from pubs & clubs to all hours. I know its rarely hot here and on a colder winters day the noise and heat would not be an issue, but its a consideration when booking. Breakfast was very average. Would I return? during winter....probably and I guess it would be cheaper too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nic L

Thank for choosing the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart Hotel and taking the time to let us know about your stay.

I was pleased to read that the Reception team were very friendly and helpful during your stay and that the recent refurbishment of the lobby carpet was appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the Winter months.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Hotel is in an excellent position and the parking facility was good (extra payment). Very pleasant staff on reception, nice room and excellent breakfast. Overall a lovely stay and would book again. Just one small criticism - please change the pillows, they were thin and lumpy and having no protector under the pillowcase is just a no-no to me!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Neth2005
Dear ji 16480

Thank you for taking the time to post your remarks and for choosing the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart Hotel.

The hotel is ideally located in the heart of the city and I was pleased to read that this along with the on site car parking facility was appreciated.

I was further pleased to read that both the accommodation and breakfast were enjoyed during your visit and will be reviewing the pillows with the Housekeeping Department and address accordingly.

I hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the future.

KInd Regards
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We enjoyed a very pleasant overnight stay at this hotel recently. The hotel is very clean and tidy. The staff and friendly, professional and helpful. The hotel has a very spacious lounge/bar area in the main reception in which to spend time. It has an excellent car park and although you have to pay £6 per day, this is good value and customers are allowed to leave cars after checking out for as long as needed for the day. Breakfast was mainly self service but was very good quality and there was a wide variety of hot and cold food available. We were in their standard double room and were surprised to be presented with a spacious room with four-poster bed. The room facilities were excellent with a free wifi, safe, fridge/minibar, tea/coffee making facilities, comfortable bed and great shower. We were extremely happy with our stay at the White Hart Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dean H
Dear Dean H

Thank you for choosing the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart for your most recent stay in the area.

I was pleased to read that the hotel was everything you expected and that the staff were friendly, proffesional and helpful throughout your stay, I have shared this with the team and I am sure this will serve as great motivation for all the staff.

I was also pleased to note that the facilities at the hotel were appreciated including the complimentary WIFI and bedroom facilities and that the on site car park was utilsed whilst exploring the city.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and been of service once again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We often stay here on company trips, and it is a little pearl of a hotel in the middle of Salisbury. The staff are always friendly and can't do enough for you. The breakfast is great, although I do miss the buffet. The rooms are comfortable and very clean, and I can recommend this to anyone traveling to Salisbury. I shall be back!

Room Tip: Most rooms on second floor are great
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Natasja S
Dear Natasja S

Thank you for choosing the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart Hotel for your business trips to the area and for your kind words.

I was pleased to read that the staff are always friendly when you stay and that you enjoy a great breakfast in the morning.

I am further gladdened that you will be returning in the future on your next business trip and look forward to welcoming you back.

Truro, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Booked through Hotels.com via Easyfundraisisng for the donation to charity ....BUT do hotels set aside pokey rooms for such reservations? I think they might.
A back bedroom, with a small window.
Room service errors. Firstly the woman on reception who took the orderwrong water, no glass, no condiments - but given a fair refund and DELICIOUS CHEESE FONDUE - compliments to the chef.
A long wait for a cooked breakfast - even if it is cooked to order, when there are only 3 or 4 tables surely it should arrive fairly quickly? The tomatoes were different from those in the picture and hardly cooked ... not an efficient kitchen that morning.
On checking out, however, we were overcharged by £32.00 with THREE errors. My partner admitted that if he'd checked out he wouldn't have noticed ... The receptionist corrected the error but intimated it was our fault in part - the Manager apologised and hoped we'd return. Not sure about that - except to eat the fondue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelling_Trainers
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Travelling_Trainers

Thank you for taking the time in posting your remarks following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to read of your experience and you have my personal assurance that all the necessary steps are been taken to address your concerns, however I was pleased with the timely response to the issues with the room service by the Restaurant team.

During my investigation the additional charges were for breakfast which when booked with the front desk were carried over for the 2 nights of your stay, rather than the one taken. The car parking was added due to the car being registered with us and have requested that the Reception team confirm with guests when this is completed that the car is parked in our car park to prevent future concerns.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and for your complimentary remarks about the fondue.