“Winter warmth”

Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here before Christmas ....there was us a family of 4 and my inlaws . We were given a family room which was very small but the kids loved the small add on niche that had a sofa bed in bed. Although the rooms werent anything spectacular the location of the hotel and the lovely open fire in reception made up for it. We enjoyed a beautiful afternoon tea by the fire after an afternoon strolling around the city and cathedral. Being so centrally located to all the city was a huge bonus with the kids as we didnt have to load them into to the car. However the carpark is pretty busy so once you have a spot try not to move your car as you more than likely wont get another one!! There was a wedding whilst we were there but didnt find the noise too disturbing. Overall a lovely hotel full of history and great location. Rooms small but modern and very clean. Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Tina 16flight

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us at the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart Hotel last December.

I was pleased to read that both you and your family enjoyed your visit to Salisbury and in particular enjoyed the real log fire in the lounge where you relaxed with an afternoon tea as well as a good breakfast setting you up for those cold winter days.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Welcoming staff who are all very professional and helpful. A Very
relaxing stay, Ernest and Silvio dinning room staff went out of their way to help us. I was very impressed with the service and would return to this Hotel if I visit Salisbury again.

Room Tip: Wonderful courtyard for pre dinner drinks and no need to leave the Hotel for a special dinner the fo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 921777jane
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear 921777Jane

Thank you for choosing the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart and for taking the time to post your review.

I was extremely pleased to read that you were made to feel welcome by the team and that they were both professional and helpful throughout your stay, furthermore that both Ernst and Silvio in the restaurant were personally mentioned, you have my assurances that I will pass on your kind words.

I was further pleased that you had a relaxing stay and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future when you next visit the area.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was a little worried after reading earlier reviews but need not have been. The reception staff were fantastic and very professional. The room was lovely, clean and quiet, despite the hotel being full. Food at breakfast and dinner was excellent and the waiting staff extremely good despite some very rude guests on Sunday morning. Just some guidance for future visitors :
There are extra towels and bath products in the cupboard
Ensure you know how to get to the car park before you go
Book ahead for things such as cathedral tours and Stonehenge visits if that is the purpose of your trip.
The bar is a bit expensive although there was a free drink voucher to be had with dinner.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy H

Dear Cathy H

Thank you for taking the time to post your remarks following your recent stay with us at the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart Hotel.

I appreciate your kind words regarding the team in that you felt that the reception staff were fantastic and very professional. I was further pleased to read that you enjoyed excellent food both at dinner and breakfast served by some extremely good waiting staff, you have my assurances that all the staff will be motivated by your kind words.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the White Hart in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very pleasant stay at the White Hart in Salisbury if only for one day. Staff very professional but friendly. Well located. Got a good holiday promotion rate with breakfast included.

A few points to note:

Parking €6 (the other Mercures I stayed at were free).

Also, as a Club member, I was given a free welcome drink which was nice but only one! So apparently only the card holder (ie. the guy who pays) is welcome and the other guests are not! I haven't been able to see if this is Accor policy or if the White Hart misunderstood. Another Mercure gave us two drinks and a later Mercure only one.

The staff at breakfast were very professional. I almost felt like I was at Downton Abbey with the number of people waiting on us. The food was good but surprisingly the hot breakfast was not buffet which would have been fine were it not for the fact that I had to wait a good ten to fifteen minutes to be served by Full English. It is the first Mercure hotel I have been to where the hot breakfast is not buffet served.

The receptionist was extremely helpful helping us find a local skatepark and sorting out an issue getting out of the car park.

All in all, a pleasant experience in a very pleasant city. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear David M

Thank you for choosing the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart and for taking the time to post your remarks.

I was pleased to read that you found the team to be very professional and friendly throughout your visit and that we were able to provide a good breakfast, and appreciate your constructive feedback concerning the service, you have my assurances that these will be addressed.

I have further noted your comments regarding the Le Club member complimentary drink upon arrival and will address with the team to ensure effective communication of the offer.

Once again thank you for taking the time in posting your review and look forward to welcoming you back when you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

If you're spending any time in Salisbury, this is a wonderful place to set up at. Walk quickly to anything of interest from here. Nice staff. Very charming atmosphere. Rooms are nice. I'll certainly stay here next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank spoonman712

Dear spoonman712

Thank you for choosing the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart for you recent stay in our historic city and for posting your review.

I was pleased to read that you not only found the hotel to have a charming atmosphere that the staff were appreciated during your stay also.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We booked here for an over night stay , Having been invited for a Birthday Celebration. Staff at the desk were Friendly , Polite and Very Helpful on our arrival. We than joined the the Birthday Party where we a fantastic meal .. food waz lovely esp the Roast Dinner and Potatoes.
Afterwards we went to our room which was nice and clean and a life saver there was a fan in the room as it was very warm. Only complaint with the room would've of like Water bottles in the Fridge as more hygienic than getting water from tap in Bathroom.
Beware of The Bar prices rather high. I had a Bailey's which was £ 7 !! Had a goodnight sleep and The Breakfast next day was Good and a good selection. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank VintageAl

Dear VintageAl

Thank you for taking the time to post your remarks following your recent stay with us at the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart as part of a Birthday Celebration with friends.

I was pleased to read that the team were friendly and that you enjoyed both a fantastic celebration dinner and that the breakfast offered a good choice and quality.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Ideally situated in the centre of Sailsbury,we spent two nights here & overall our experience was good. The room was fairly spacious & clean,as was the en suite bathroom. There was plenty of hot water even in the evening & a plus for us there was a bath & not just a shower. Breakfast was excellent with a good range to choose from. The weather when we were there was excellent & we were able to sit in the pretty patio garden with our breakfast coffee. All in all good value & if we should go tho Salisbury again would certainly stay at The White Hart.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nanapink
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Nanapink

Thank you for choosing the Mercure Salisbury, White Hart Hotel and for taking the time to post your remarks.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide spacious accommodation.

I was further pleased to note that you were able to enjoy an excellent breakfast with a good choice of produce and furthermore due to the good weather that you were able to relax in the courtyard.

We very much look forward in welcoming you back when you return to Salisbury.