We failed to stay at the Mercure Salisbury as we were unable to complete our journey due to heavy snow which forced us to turn back part way there. I called the Hotel to explain the situation and was told that we would not be eligible for a refund.
We were travelling to Salisbury for a wedding which was postponed as a result of the conditions and tried to get the hotel to credit our booking against the rescheduled date - however this was a no go too. We were charged £100 for our room eventhough conditions made it impossible to get to the hotel.
So I have never stayed at the White Hart and never will do. Nor will the rest of the wedding party when we return to Salisbury in March.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th century 3 star hotel with 68 en suite rooms stands in the centre of Salisbury overlooking the famous Cathedral. Ideal base to visit Stonehenge and the New Forest. 25 miles from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Salisbury railway and coach station. The hotel features the award winning Squires Restaurant and Bar, a lounge, 3 conference suites and a free car park. Nearby local leisure facilities just a short walk away include swimming, sauna, squash, tennis, snooker, horse riding and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Hart Salisbury Hotel Salisbury
- Accor White Hart Salisbury
- Mercure Salisbury