There are two parts to this hotel, the original and ancient timber-beamed with plaster walls part and the much more recent(1960's) part. If you want the full-on traditional experience, stay in the old part, it dates from the 13th century and is replete with wooden pegged joints, hand hewn beams, angular doorways and creaky floors! The bathrooms, however, are modern and the whole place got an update just a few years ago(since my last stay in 2007) the plumbing and such. Just a two block walk from the Cathedral grounds and perhaps a mile to the train station(so skip the cab and enjoy a beautiful walk either through town or along a park, then through the Cathedral grounds). Service is friendly and very helpful, breakfast is a buffet with several items to choose from, including delicious Wiltshire ham. Not one, but two small pubs to enjoy a pulled pint which also features some local brews. Ample cable tv, wifi and hot water. The beds were typical. Another plus is there is a bus station just outside the hotel. The cute garden/patio area is alongside a picturesque river full of ducks, geese, etc. and last time I was there sheep were grazing on the other side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury