It's quite difficult to give this hotel an overall rating - some aspects were fantastic, others were very poor. The receptionist (sorry, forgot her name) was an absolute gem, very welcoming and helpful. The room we got was not the one we had specifically booked, we wanted a room with direct access to the gardens but we were put on the first floor. It was a lovely and big room, very clean, comfortable and well kept with views of the river and a glimpse of the cathedral. When we booked in we were asked whether we wanted to have dinner there and upon perusing the menu we were happy to stay. Unfortunately, what was failed to be mentioned was that there was a wedding reception and we were not allowed to use the main restaurant or indeed other parts of the hotel. For dinner, we were shown to a small side room usually used for corporate conferences and it showed. There was no atmosphere, the other 3 couples dining there were as uncomfortable as we were. The service was terrible, we had to go looking for a menu as well as the waiter - we were tempted to leave at that point but manners prevailed. There was also a confusion over the food we could or could not order. The food was ok but expensive and spoilt by the cold and corporate atmosphere of the room. The most attractive part of the hotel, the gardens by the river, were out of bounds due to the wedding party as well. We did sneak to the furthest corner though and we found that the tranquility of the river was outstanding and well worth breaking the rules for! Continental breakfast was included in the fairly high room rate which, well, what can you say about continental breakfast, it's fairly basic. We could have opted for the cooked breakfast but this was very expensive; I simply refuse to be part of daylight robbery. We would recommend this hotel BUT prior to booking ensure that there is no wedding or similar function booked. Despite the negatives which all boil down to the wedding party and the attention of staff being on them alone rather than other guests, we would book this place again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury