We stayed two nights , Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as we wanted a quiet but pampered Christmas.
We had trouble finding the hotel as our Sat Nav wanted to drop us off at the railway station. A tricky 20 minutes going round in circles then until we eventually typed in the street name for the hotel. So be warned folks! Its not that easy to find anyway.
Once at the hotel we had the nicest welcome anyone could wish for. The staff are delightful, faultless ! The service throughout the hotel was exceptional, so a huge "thank you" to everyone.
Our room was all we could have wished for. Everything was perfect down to the comfy bed, the view of the river, the quietness of the room too. It even had a iron and ironing board.
We felt the food was first class overall. Boxing day lunch was OK but not as special (naturally) as Christmas Day even though I opted for the Christmas Roast Turkey. But no complaints as it was still very good.
We walked over to the Cathedral - just a few minutes away - on Christmas afternoon and it was just beautiful. The choir were singing and it gave me goose bumps . The choir sang like angels; it was indeed heavenly and so moving!
If I had to find one thing to comment negatively about it would be the music in the restaurant. They played the same CD over and over again for the two days. Now I don't dislike Cliff Richard
that much but ........ !* ! *** !
It was such a shame as there is some really good Christmas music available. And music can make or break any party atmosphere. That was the only negative but we felt that it did spoil the ambience in the restaurant.
Would we go again? Yes but I would take some of our own CD's just in case ! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury