“Fantastic hotel, lovely staff”

Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed in the Legacy Rose & Crown for a business meeting and paid £85 for a standard double. When I got to the hotel, the room was enormous with a beautiful view over the river and cathedral. I have paid double this (in London) to look out onto a brick wall!

After a 3 hour drive, I was greeted by the most lovely receptionist, who was bubbly and friendly and was an absolute joy. The receptionist was there again early the next morning (I did ask if she had slept behind the desk all night....). The bar staff and restaurant staff were also lovely.

The restaurant is large and sunny with a view across the river. The breakfast was continental but a full English was offered - there was plenty of food.

My room exceeded all expectations. The facilities were great and the view amazing - waking up to chickens marching across the river bank was brilliant!!

The area around the hotel is beautiful and I would love to go back and explore and would definitely stay in the hotel again.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor and viewed the river - this meant it was very quiet with no road noi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Nortoner
RoseandCrownGM, General Manager at Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest

Iwas delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the hotel,we do hope that we may extend a warm welcome on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed only one night here, visiting Salisbury for a concert, and were extremely impressed with the overall standards. The staff were very friendly & helpful. The room & bathroom were spotless, good size and well equipped. The breakfast was excellent, the dining room is in a lovely location overlooking the (rather full) river. Brilliant location to walk into & back from the city.
Would not hesitate to stay again & recommend to others.
And our midweek deal was very good value.
Many thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichardWL

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your positive feedback following your stay,I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay,I do hope that we may welcome you and your friends back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here, the new look dining area is well worth a visit, my room had every thing I wanted, I enjoyed an evening meal in the restaurant, although the rustic bread that came with my soup starter had been confused with stale bread, service and staff are very good ... I look forwards to my next stay ...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew4746
RoseandCrownGM, General Manager at Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments,I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to visit Riversedge and enjoyed the experiance,I do hope hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed for one night in the 'old part' of the hotel. The room was fantastic; all wooden beams and chandeliers but clean and modern at the same time- very boutique-y. We paid £65 for a mid week stay during half term which was very good value. We ate in the restaurant which had literally just been refurbished and reopened. The food was very good and the restaurant is right on the river so views would be lovely in summer. The hotel is in a great location near to the Cathedral and ideal for exploring Salisbury. The only comment for improvement is that the reception area could be updated and smartened up in line with the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Candy A

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments I was pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us,we do hope that it will not be to long before we can extend another warm welcome to you.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My friend and I stayed three nights this fall in a very comfortable, spacious well-appointed room. Our room had a lovely view of the cathedral spire and the Avon river. The river was a special treat in that there were so many ducks, geese and swans to watch. The grounds were lovely and across the river was a sheep pasture. The staff were extremely helpful giving us expert advice on local transportation and timetables as well as technical issues concerning our cell phones. All in all, I felt this hotel was a home-away-from-home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back so as to have a view of the river.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jane H

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you had a great time during your stay at the hotel,we are exteremely pleased that the customer service experiance was encountered.We do hope that you will consider the hotel on your next visit

Reviewed 14 February 2014

we came here for two days for valentines. staff were pleasant and the hotel has a very nice setting out the back. we got upgraded to an executive room for free which was good of them. my advice is don't get the full breakfast as it is a 99p plate for £5 each.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Sunnydaze74

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback following your stay at the hotel.I was dissapointed to read that you did not enjoy your breakfast.We have reviewed our breakfast products and added many additional hot items for selection and I hope that on your next visit you will be pleased with the changes that have been made.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

A great overnight stay in a unique hotel with a dual aspect....from the outside it looked like a traditional English pub, but the hotel part around the back was fully refurbished and quite modern. So really, it was the best of both worlds. The location was perfect also, being only a 5 minute walk from the Salisbury Cathedral and about 10 minutes into the town centre. Our room was situated at the back of the new section, lovely and quiet and located right of the river's edge, complete with views of the Cathedral on the opposite bank. The beds were very comfortable, the room was well appointed and kept at just the right temperature. The only small issue was a strange smell in the bathroom (which was complete with power shower over bath and excellent water pressure). The smell was quickly diluted by keeping the small window over the toilet open. The staff were all lovely, from the welcome at reception, to the bar staff, to the wait staff at breakfast the next morning. The lady who check us in, also provided endless amounts of useful information about the hotel and getting around the town / surrounding area, ensuring we settled in quickly. The bar at the front of the hotel was absolutely 'Ye Old English' - exposed wooden beams, low ceilings and cosy open fire). A great wine selection was on offer and the bar menu was perfect for a very casual and laid back dinner (the best bangers and mash I have had in ages - big serving and fabulous gravy). The continental breakfast the following morning was a perfect amount to set you up for the day without feeling too full. Upon check out, the manager helped me out to the car with our suitcases and bags. A lovely stress-free and relaxing stay where I would have happily stayed another night if time allowed. Would strongly recommend to others who are planning a visit to the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JESH82

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your extremely positive review,the team pride themselves on exceeding customer expectations all of the time.We will look forward to extending you a warm welcome on your next visit