Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$148
US$143
US$101
The Stones Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$95
Hotels.com
The Pembroke Arms Hotel(Wilton)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$130
Best Western Red Lion Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$106
Priceline
  • Restaurant
US$89
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe rivercontinental breakfastcathedral groundsmodern extensioncity centrelovely hotelsalisbury cathedraloriginal buildingnewer partexecutive roomnespresso machineshort walk to the cathedralnight breakexposed beamshotel restaurantground floorfull english
Reviewed 12 May 2014

five double rooms booked on a half board special offer deal several months ago. We all arrived Friday 9th May & left Sunday 11th May. Considering what we paid the deal was exceptionally good value. The hotel is just a short walk away from the cathedral & the old town which is a super place to stroll around. Nothing wrong with our rooms which were clean & well furnished. We all had superb views of the steeple with the river & a lovely flood meadow in the foreground which is so unusual to find close to a town centre nowadays. The staff were attentive ensuring our glasses were always topped up even though they were very busy with a wedding reception in the main bar on the Sat.

Room Tip: the rooms at the back of the hotel certainly have a better outlook although the original rooms have so much character.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GED50
RoseandCrownGM, General Manager at Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest

I was pleased to read that not only yourself however your friends enjoyed the hotel and its facilities,I do hope we can welcome you all back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Beds for children were not in the room when we arrived. The hotel didn't uphold the food part of the deal that had been sold to me by the legacy central booking personel (Dinner,bed and full english breakfast was said to be part of the deal when I booked it but it the hotel gave the adults dinner and all of us continental breakfast so we had to pay for the kids evening food and would have had to pay for full english if we had it).
Soul-less rooms, restaurant and hotel in general.
The sound insulation in the room was terrible - we could hear the conversation and every footstep taken by the people above us.
Good location close to cathedral (5mins walk) with fairly large carpark.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to offer your feedback in relation to your recent stay,I would ask that you contact me direct at the hotel in order that we may discuss your feddback in greater detail,the hotel number is 01722 328615.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The room was very comfortable and clean, and the staff for the most part were extremely helpful and accommodating. The sole exception to this was the staff that served breakfast. She took my husband's order, and just doubled it, not giving me any opportunity to order according to my own wishes. (I was sitting right there, she just ignored me entirely.) I ended up flagging her down and changing my portion of the order, but she seemed rather put out by this. My understanding was that this is 2013, and that women are competent enough to order their own meals without requiring assistance from their husbands, but I gather I was incorrect in that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tmoore48

Dear Guest

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel.Please accept my profuse apologies for the team member that let the rest of the hotel down on this occassion,we spend a lot of time in training our staff and I am agin sorry that this was not shown to you both.I do hope this unfortunate incident would not prevent you from visiting the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have been tossing up whether to give this hotel three or four stars, and decided I have to give it three. We arrived late afternoon, and were able to park easily in the hotel car park, and check in was quick and easy. We booked a triple room, and were very happy to find a room with three separate beds, and the room set up properly for three people (as this hasn't always happened in the past). The room had a lovely view across the river, and you could see Salisbury Cathedral spire. We decided to walk into town. On leaving the hotel, we were requested to leave our key at the front desk, which was a little annoying, but fine. The walk into town was lovely, and on our return after dinner, we waited a while with some other people for someone to come to the desk, so we could get our key. Eventually, a man came from somewhere out back (he might have worked in the restaurant?), and when we told him our room number, he just handed over the key to us. This worried me a bit, as he didn't ask for our name, and hadn't seen us before. I just felt like anyone could have got our key if they wanted it.
After a comfortable sleep, we all wanted to have showers before breakfast. Unfortunately, the water was scolding hot, and it was impossible to stand under it. On our way to the front desk to get some help, a staff member walking past was able to help us (for a while) with the shower. However, as soon as she left, it turned from still very hot but bearable, to scorching hot again. We had to ring the front desk, and the same lady who helped before, and the lady from the front desk, both came to have a look. The water was turned down slightly, but it was still so hot. We were afraid to touch the handle, so we left it going while we all had very quick showers, and opened windows so we could try to cool down. We then had breakfast, which was quite nice, and only on returning to our room to pack up, realised that we could open the door onto the garden! The door was so stiff, that we just assumed it couldn't be opened. Would have been great to open the door after we cooked ourselves in the shower. The shower debacle pushed back our originally planned early start, which was a shame as we had a full day of sightseeing. The hotel should really do something to fix this, as comments made by them made it seem like they knew there was a problem in this room. It was a shame...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ladybugsSydney

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback in relation to your recent stay your comment have already been discussed with the maintenance team and corrective action taken.

I was pleased to read that your room was set to your requirements and that yiou enjoyed breakfast.We pride ourselves in offering a first class service howver ther are occassions that we may not exceed our guests expectations,I only hope that this will not deter you from visiting again in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We booked a 2 night stay at this hotel mainly due to the excellent location by the river.

For a 4 star hotel, the ground floor room no better that a budget Premier Inn - I had cause to complain at reception after breakfast that the bed linen was threadbare in three places. This was of course changed by the same evening!

The restaurant operated the same menu each evening - the food was NOT impressive and was adequate "pub food".The waitress asked did we enjoy our steaks? Our reply was "wev'e had better"
It was amazing to find that only a continental breakfast was the standard offering as a cooked english breakfast attracted an additional charge of £8.95.

The reception check-in was rather slow after a 10 minute wait although 2 people were on duty.

The only redeeming matter concerning our stay was that the stay & Wine package was £99 per person dinner, b&b

Drinks were also very expensive - £8.40 a pint of Peroni Beer!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback and please accept my apologies for certain aspects of your stay not being to your liking.Please be assured that corrective ac tion has alreadt taken place to adress your feedback.