The Legacy Rose and Crown is an absolutely georgous hotel! First off, we got lost for an hour thanks to our google map, and when I called the hotel for directions the receptionist gave us step by step directions from where we were. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and friendly, and told the best route to Salisbury Cathedral (a pleasant, picturesque 5 minute walk).
When we got to the room (room 5 the Heath Suite) we were dumbfounded. Stepping into the room, it was as if we walked into history. The room was a very well preserved historic site, from the high ceiling to the four poster bed. As a history teacher, I was in seventh heaven!
The hotel pub is a warm cozy enclave off the reception area, and was staffed by a genuinely warm and friendly young lady. A plus was that when we checked in the receptionist who had just finished her shift had a dead battery in her car, so we gave her a jump start, and she had a bar tab set up for us!
The food at the hotel is lovely. The pub menu selections are few, but classy and delicious. The full English breakfast in the beautiful patio area was fabulous...This was the best English hotel we have ever stayed in, and only 80pounds!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury