We recently spent a two night stay at the Rose & Crown. Having read the room advice on Tripadvisor we requested and were given a ground floor room in the modern block. From our room we were in sight and sound of the cathedral and had a beautiful view over the river and meadows. It was quiet and peaceful and lovely to open the patio doors to sit outside the room after a day out. The patio furniture wasn't great but we sat at the picnic tables available. There is a separate garden for residents with a gate to the main hotel garden. The room was large, immaculately clean, with an equally good bathroom. The more traditional rooms are in the main hotel. We ate in the hotel's restaurant on the first night as part of the deal. Food is fine and service from the charming bar and restaurant staff is excellent. The spelling on the menu is appalling, though (one of my bugbears, sorry).
The hotel is a pleasant 10 minute walk through cathedral grounds to the city centre and is preferable to staying there. All in all I would return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting Salisbury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury