Picked this one from other's reviews. When checking rates found that booking an evening meal in the rate was much cheaper than just B&B so went for this option for 3 nights. Expected dull food with little choice but was pleasantly surprised. Whilst we did not get the full menu choice, there was enough to be interesting, & there was a different menu each night. Cerainly quality and quantity were not sacrificed.
Has a downstairs room in the new part of the hotel that was larger that usual and the only minor complaint was heavy feet upstairs (first night only - Thursday) and loud TV next door (again Thursday only). Seems like when the business people left for the weekend the remaining couples were much more considerate!
A potentially more serious problem was a continuously running toilet after first use (perhaps a common complaint as the receptionist did not seem surprised). However, he could not fix it this time but a plumber was called and it was fixed whist we had dinner. It's the way a hotel reacts to and solves problems like this that makes them stand out.
Overall a wonderful location with great food and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury