We stayed for 3 days from 3-6 March as it was my husbands 60th birthday on the 6th and I thought it would be nice to have a short break and for us to be there on his actual birthday in the hotel. The hotel was in a lovely spot by the river with a view of the cathedral but we found a couple of things could have been better. We were in one of the newer rooms in the extension but there was no fridge and very squeeky floorboards which we thought a bit strange in the newer part. Tthe staff were not that friendly in particular the restaurant manager? named Sean could not raise a smile or even a "good morning" the 3 days we were there, he looked totally miserable and as though he did not want to be there . The reception staff were not much better and on the day we arrived the man behind the desk I think he was French watched us struggling through the doors with our luggage and did not offer to help in any way or ask if we needed any help in taking the luggage up to the room which was upstairs, he just came into the bar area where we had to wait as the room was not ready and plopped the keys down on the table and said "your rooms ready now" . The bar prices were expensive and there was no atmosphere at all, the barman did not exchange any pleasantries either. The only staff worth a mention was a young lady called Nicki who tried to help us when we had a problem with our tv and the breakfast waiter named Gill who was very nice and SMILED! and chatted to us. We would not go back here as the atmosphere was not welcoming at all, it is as though the staff were all having a bad day or 3! it was dissapointing and we did not enjoy our stay there and wished we had gone somewhere else, my husbands birthday was not acknowledged at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury