Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel
US$78
US$70
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

US$124
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$132
US$128
Best Western Red Lion Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$119
US$105
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$87
PremierInn.com
All reviewsthe rivercontinental breakfastcathedral groundsmodern extensioncity centrelovely hotelsalisbury cathedraloriginal buildingnewer partexecutive roomnespresso machineshort walk to the cathedralnight breakexposed beamshotel restaurantground floorfull english
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our annual romantic night away from family life in our local city of Salisbury and what a disaster! There was a wedding on at the same time with a licence until midnight. It was impossible to relax or sleep. We were told they have a wedding every Saturday night, all year long. The staff were rude and bored, uninterested and couldnt care less. The rooms were dated. The service wss poor and the entire trip was a disaster. Dont bother, go somewhere nicer!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
RoseandCrownGM, General Manager at Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Samantha G

Thank you for your feedback and I acknowledge your comments, I was saddened to read that you felt that the hotel was dated and not to you taste, we welcome many guests throughout the year and generally the comments are extremely positive. The hotel does cater for weddings and other functions as a mall hotel we do require to present ourselves as a venue for all. The noise from the entertainment is monitored on a regular basis.
I cannot understand your comments with reference to my staff who all work extremely hard to ensure the smooth running of the hotel,I was indeed working on Saturday and the staff were all positive.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed one night here and would not stay at this hotel again.
The room we booked was supposedly a suite,(but really just a large room) in the old part of the hotel. It was very scruffy and dated. It became clear that the room had not been cleaned to a high standard. Thick dust all around the windows and on bathroom surfaces which I could write my name in. The light bulbs were out on the lamp and side lights. There were specs of blood on the cushions on the bed. The decor was 80s style and I imagine had not been updated since them. Orange and burgundy worn soft furnishings. Bed and breakfast means a continental breakfast, although not stated as this! I did point out some of the problems but the receptionist did not seem bothered at all. The hotel charged us twice for our room and we had to return after leaving to get the second payment refunded. Had we have been staying more then one night here I would have cancelled the second night. Salisbury is such a lovely place full of great restaurants and other good places to stay. Bar staff were very nice and friendly. Front of house not so! My advice is do not book to stay in the hotel unless they have a full refurbishment of rooms and hopefully retrain their housekeeping staff!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Julie M
Thank you for posting your review and I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your hotel experience, it would have been nice to have discussed your concerns on your departure as we could have discussed and resolved the issues to a satisfactory nature which may not have resulted in you review posting.

I will endeavour to make contact with you very soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There are 'good' places to stay and eat, and there are 'great' places to stay and eat - this is the latter!

Set next to a meandering river in the historic part of the city, this hotel is truly professional, charming, and welcoming. There is plenty of private parking too.

The gentleman on check-in couldn't have been more pleased to welcome me and was really personal and polite; a real change from your chain hotels who just see you as pound-signs.

My spacious, comfortable room had it's own little yard. Some of the rooms, also, have a terrace with table and chairs overlooking the river.

The restaurant is built within a large conservatory that overlooks the river, and having a generous, well-kept terrace you can sit outside in comfort and watch the sun set upstream. I was sat there with my meal and a glass of beer and all I could hear was gentle chatter from other guests enjoying the evening, birds singing, and the sheep bleating in the field opposite. Perfect.

The barman was really attentive without being over-the-top. Top marks to him. And as for the food; well, that was THE BEST steak & ale pie I've ever had!

The hotel is in quiet surroundings well away from traffic noise, but yet close enough to town to take the safe 10 minute wander there through the picture-postcard historic backstreets and the grounds of the beautiful cathedral.

This hotel seems big enough to know, and small enough to care.

10/10

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
LegacyGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear cmp9999 Thank you for choosing to stay at The Legacy Rose and Crown Hotel and for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience. We greatly appreciate all feedback as it helps ensure all of our guests receive a positive experience.

We are proud of our warm and friendly welcome, historic building and stunning riverside views and it is our desire to provide our guests with a comfortable, home from home experience.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay in particular our spacious comfortable bedroom, river facing terrace and delicious food!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

My wife and I stayed here during a recent business trip to Salisbury. The hotel is lovely, in a great location, with gardens that border the river. The decor is pleasant and the hotel well maintained. The staff are both helpful and friendly. The bar/restaurant is airy and bright with a good selection of food and drinks. The hotel is a short walk from the centre of Salisbury, taken through the grounds of the cathedral. We were in the John Tobin room, which is accessed from outside of the main hotel. The room is well decorated and the facilities are good (shower only) but for us, the downside was no windows, just a skylight. This made it feel a little claustrophobic and severely reduced the amount of fresh air flowing through the room. If you enjoy light and fresh air, I would avoid this room

Stayed: May 2018
LegacyGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear David B Thank you for choosing to stay at The Legacy Rose and Crown Hotel and for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience. We greatly appreciate all feedback as it helps ensure all of our guests receive a positive experience.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay in particular our fabulous location, riverside views and comfortable bedroom!

I was sorry to learn that you felt the bedroom was claustrophobic. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on your next visit to Salisbury!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Booked a two night stay in March and what a visit to this Hotel. In summary no hot water when shower required between 7.30pm -9.30pm on both nights, no internet on one night, no working plug sockets whole visit and had to make tea on floor and a few other problems. In fairness when I wrote to Manager I was offered an equivalent stay again even though had to pay over the odds for breakfast for two nights.
Second visit was placed in a different room for the 2nights and sjust as bad in a way as no hot water for bath at 9.30pm again on one night, light bulbs not working in several of sockets and a TV which had no signal in one room and in the other a thick layer of dust around windows and skirting borad and musty smell.
Complained again but manager nowhere to be seen and the same crap apologies.
Advice go there for the location and if you want a Fawlty Tower experience without Emanuel but value for money forget it.

Room Tip: They all have their flaws just ring and ask which ones you want to get the room of your Fawlty Tower experience
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stell0n
RoseandCrownGM, General Manager at Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Good morning

Thank you for taking my call earlier this morning and I am sorry that I missed you on check out yesterday. I can assure you that the team work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable stay and your constructive feedback will be discussed with the team

Please be assured that I will resolve the water problem that you encountered during your stay, as discussed there may be a need to install a pump to the system, we have many guest staying in this room and we do not receive many negative comments from there stay.

When you plan to return to Salisbury in August, please contact myself directly and I will be happy to assist with your booking