We arrived at 3pm to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and were given keys for room 14. At first sight we thought someone was still staying in the room. So we went back to the reception and were told that the room hadn't been made up. I asked if there was a similar room in the tutor section and were given keys to room 3 (we almost fell over a Henry that had been abandoned in the walk way) This was clearly not an executive room which is what we had paid for, so back we went to the reception explaining our requirements and were then given keys to room 12a - at which point I could of decked the man on reception. This time he had given us a family room with a single bed pushed up to the double bed.... Finally I went back to room 14 were the cleaners were now cleaning so went back to the reception and asked if we could wait for room 14 to be completed.... No that wasn't an option in fact he seemed to think we didn't want room 14, so after minutes of explaining it wasn't we didn't want room 14 it was the fact that it wasn't made up. He then gave us keys to room 12..... Finally a room that was made up and what we had paid for. In total it took just over an hour and a quarter to sort out a room. So first impressions not so good.
The room itself was very nice, looked into the gardens and over the River Avon. Tea and coffee and bickies, nice bed, zip and link but very comfortable. The top of the bed could of done with a dusting. Hubby dusted it as I have a serious dust mite allergy, the rest of the room was clean and dust free.
The Hotel was quiet so a peaceful night was had.
Breakfast the next morning was also very good. Lots of choices and very enjoyable.
We will go back as we do like this hotel and we love the area surrounding Salisbury. Maybe next time I will opt for the 4 poster room, then things should be more straight forward at check in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury