2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$130
eDreamsUS$130
CheapTicketsUS$130
TravelocityUS$130
1,406 results
All reviews the vine car park lovely courtyard afternoon tea olde worlde pay and display old coaching inn historic building lots of character centre of town stayed here for one night breakfast was excellent seamstress lounge fireplace century maze
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

You'd might have thought that if a wedding party was going to take over the entire courtyard, dining hall and hotel, the staff might ring to warn anybody who'd booked a room so they'd have the option to stay somewhere else? Not so at the Red Lion where they wait right until you arrive to tell you the news.

As a result, own quiet night's get-a-way (ironically for our own Wedding Anniversary) was transformed to the holiday camp from hell, by screaming kids and loud music.

It's not the Wedding's fault, they are completely entitled to a knees-up, I know we did when we got married .... this is entirely the fault of the hotel staff who only thought to tell us when we turned up and had no-where else to go. Thanks guys for ruining our Anniversary.

Here's an innovative idea.... If you have a large, potentially noisy event (clues would include whether you've booked a disco), in future why not ring the other guests in advance so that they have a choice whether to stay or not? You even took our phone number and email when we booked so it's not that difficult. It's called customer service and ...amazingly ....costs little.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank BusinessTraveller64
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Looking forward to nice evening meal with my wife, very disappointed food not good at all . Starters fair, main course not very good. Cheese board good wine good . Small veg portion. Will not be going again . Used to be lovely in private ownership. Bath Western took over gone downhill.

1  Thank julian308
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I like this hotel in a spooky kind of way. It's a blend of old (very old) and new. Quirky and central in location. It could use a bit of a refurb but I suppose that adds to the charm. I liked it enough to write a review. I'd say the breakfast offer could really use a shake up because it let me down, but generally the hotel is good.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Me and my wife had our wedding reception at the Red Lion Salisbury. They were helpful form the start of the process and always reassuring. On the day all the staff were brilliant I cannot thank them enough. I would highly recommend this hotel for a important function. The rooms are good as well so much so a number of my guests are going back to stay there again.

Room tip: I had the seamstress room which is air conditioned. There are a number of large rooms with 4 poster beds and large bathrooms.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Great location , lovely old historical hotel , but come on best western , up date your rooms and bathrooms it like living in the 70's
Expensive parking but Salisbury has cheaper options
Lovely court yard