“Love the jazz brunch”

Ranked #2 of 18 Coffee & Tea in Salisbury
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Tempting homemade cakes, sandwiches and main meals for the most discerning palates - our relaxed and friendly café is a slice of foodie heaven in the heart of Salisbury. With fresh, quality ingredients and the care and creativity of chef proprietor Michael Fox, we're a culinary treat worth talking about - winner of the 2015 Observer Food Monthly Awards 'Best Cheap Eats in the West'. You can also explore our treasure trove of amazing artwork in the largest independent art gallery in the South West. Spread over two floors and overflowing into a sunny courtyard, our ever-changing, contemporary collection brings together the work of leading artists, sculptors and furniture makers from across the UK as well as carefully selected, unique gifts sourced from the UK and further afield. Discover a selection of handmade cards and jewellery, as well as original glassware, ceramics, woodwork, and textiles-and take time to enjoy some of the finer things in life in a uniquely historic setting.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I love visiting Fisherton Mill for coffee and cake on a Saturday when in town as the food is good and the cafe is lovely. It's always pleasantly quiet, even when quite full, and it's also nice to have a wander around the gallery to see the wonderful artwork.
We particularly enjoy the Jazz Brunch that the cafe hosts every couple of months on a Sunday (the cafe is usually closed on Sunday and these events are booking only). There's a table deposit of £2.50 per person in advance and food is selected and paid for on the day. There is usually a different jazz band playing at each event and they have always been superb. All in all the cafe is clean, friendly and serves a nice selection of food and drinks. I've found that signing up to receive Fisherton Mill's news is a useful way to find out about upcoming events and future exhibitions, of which there are many. Recommended!

1  Thank LeeMarieDee

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a fantastic setup in an old authentic mill with an excellent menu and very friendly staff. I wish I had arrived later in the day to sample some of their mouth watering food. It is it out of the way a bit but doesn't take much finding on Fisherton Street towards the station. Also very close is the central car park. Once I had enjoyed the restaurant I looked round the gallery. Wow, the most amazing hand made goods. Fisherton Mill has to be one of the highlights in Salisbury and I'm definitely going back - at lunchtime this time. I'm not going to miss out again.

3  Thank Phil J
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We visited the gallery late afternoon on Saturday and were delighted to find the cafe was open til 5.30 as we were wanting a cup of tea at 4.45. There was a choice of teas including Assam, which I had and Earl grey which my friend partoke of. It would have been better if there was a choice of milk as i prefer skimmed but they only had full fat. We shared a slice of lovely cake from a wide choice. we would have liked one each but were going out for a meal later and had to save room.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went to the Fisherton Mill for one of their jazz brunches today (first time) and it was absolutely lovely. The food was delicious, the ambience fabulous and the service was wonderfully attentive. We had our two children with us (8 yrs & 18mths) and were very welcome, there were high chair facilities and both children really enjoyed their food. I especially recommend the cakes and pastries which were excellent. All in all a wonderful, relaxing way to spend the morning. It was only a shame that the gallery wasn't open as I would have enjoyed a mooch around - but now I have a great excuse to go back on another day! We'll definitely be booking the next one!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I met a colleague here and loved the whole package: surrounded by beautiful individual items, airy environment and efficient and friendly staff (I was there really early but was not hassled to make an order and enjoyed my coffee uninterrupted).

The menu offered a wide choice ranging from simple soups to more interesting main courses and our salads and sandwiches were way above the norm - delicious, & filling! We will be back.

Only downside? No wifi - would have helped my quiet time.