All reviewsthe riversalisbury cathedralwater meadowsfour poster bedplenty of parkinglovely hotelpublic areassuperior roomcity centrecar parkthe ground floorstayed here for one nightbuffet stylesunday lunchafternoon tealovely roomsteak
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This hotel is a real treat to discover, the staff upgraded me to a beautiful river suite room, with spectacular views, the staff were very attentive and pleasant and the food in the restaurant was superb - whilst this was a business visit, I really look forward to coming back for a weekend retreat - thank you

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
dalenaug, Manager at Grasmere House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your very kind words, are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay especially the up grade. It was a pleasure to look after you.
We look forward to welcoming you to Grasmere House once again , and hopefully in the not too distant future. Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to write your great review.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I must have driven through Salisbury and past this hotel lots of times on my way to places further afield. By chance I attended a conference there and realised I had discovered a real gem of a place. The reviews for people staying at the Grasmere speak for themselves, but I have eaten there twice and cannot believe the quality of the food – let alone the value for money. It will now be my eating place of choice whenever I am in Salisbury or when I fancy a trip out ending with a meal. The views from the dining area are spectacular and the staff are helpful and friendly. I think the chef deserves to win a medal for quality and presentation of the food.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrankM454

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your fantastic comments and compliments regarding our food. I have passed on your comments to the Chefs and they are very pleased that you singled them out for special praise. I do know that they try very hard as we all do to please our clients. Once again many thanks for taking the time and trouble to write
we look forward to welcoming you to Grasmere house again in the not too distant future

Reviewed 9 April 2013

My wife and stay here for a short break in March. Very well located hotel for a short walk to the cathedral and town centre.Hotel room was very comfortable, very clean, excellent view across the river.Food in the restaurant is very good as is the service.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear have the better views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your great review, and a big thank you for taking the time and trouble to write your review. We are always very grateful for the great comments, I shall pass on your comments to the remainder of the staff as they really do appreciate it when they hear that our guests have had a lovely stay. It seems to make all the hard work they put in worthwhile.
Once again many thanks
We look forward to looking after you again in rthe not too distant future

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My friend and I shared a double room at the Grasmere as a one-night stopover for a local event. We chose the Grasmere as the hotel confirmed their dog friendly policy over the phone; dogs are welcome for a small supplement, which was much appreciated - it's generally very hard to find pet friendly accommodation. It should be noted that (understandably) dogs are not welcome in the restaurant however.

The setting couldn't be more beautiful; the restaurant overlooks the gardens, the river and a stunning view of Salisbury Cathedral. Inside, the hotel has a certain old-fashioned charm but the room we were given was ample, clean and well appointed, with plenty of floorspace for the dog.
On the night of our stay there was an event on with live music into the night, but despite having the room nearest the bar on the ground floor neither of us was disturbed by any noise.
The shower was good and had sufficient water pressure, this is one of my pet peeves in hotels so it was pleasing to note.

My only gripe with this stay came with breakfast; we were told on arrival on Saturday night that breakfast would be available from 7am, which suited us well as we had an early start. On our arrival in the restaurant it was clear that the staff were not expecting any guests to be up that early! The cooked breakfast items was not due to be laid out for another hour and although we were offered a la carte breakfast to be cooked to order, we didn't have time to stay and take advantage of it. I fully understand not wanting to serve breakfast hours before anybody would eat it, but I would expect to be told breakfast was served from 8am if that's in fact when the food is available. The coffee and toast we had were perfectly fine but not what we had hoped for considering we paid a breakfast inclusive rate.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nile78
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed 1 night here, in order to pay a Good Friday visit, to relatives, who lived in the area. What a charming experience it turned out to be ! Lovely, superior double room, leading out onto a patio area, which led via landscaped gardens, down to the banks of the River Nedder and views beyond, of the magnificent Cathedral - what a joy ! The hotel itself, a mixture of old and more recent build, was comfortable with friendly, polite staff and an interesting, jovial owner. Good, if not particularly economically priced cuisine, but overall, a rewarding stayover, which we intend to hopefully repeat, in future times.

Room Tip: Superior rooms at the rear with lovely gardens and views - ground level where possible.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank STEPHEN L
dalenaug, Manager at Grasmere House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review, it is always a pleasure to look after our guests and its an even greater pleasure to read a great review from one of our guests. Many thanks for the lovely comments they are a fantastic morale booster for all of our friendly staff. Shall pass on your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grasmere House in the future
Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to write